Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)

Post by rm » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)

Hi,

When I am trying to connect from Dev/2000 applications to Oracle 8
database, I get ORA-03121 (described below). How do I relink Dev/2000
(Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, etc.) to work with Oracle 8 database. I try to
connect to a database created on my workstation.

Thanks.

Rob.

-- Error description as per Oracle Docs: --

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

Cause: This message occurs usually because the Net8 driver is not loaded
into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of
the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also
cause this message. Only programs provided by Oracle
Corporation should use this interface.

Action: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by
Oracle Corporation, contact customer support. If a user
program caused the message, relink the program with current versions of
the Oracle libraries.

Post by t.. » Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:00:00

: Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)
: When I am trying to connect from Dev/2000 applications to Oracle 8
: database, I get ORA-03121 (described below). How do I relink Dev/2000
: (Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, etc.) to work with Oracle 8 database. I try to
: connect to a database created on my workstation.

When running D2K on my NT box on which the database is also installed it's a
case of installing the SQL*Net client code under ORACLE_HOME (done when D2K is
installed) and then copying the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from ..\Net80\
admin to ..\Network\admin.

You may wish to try a similar thing on your configuration.

IAP
--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with

Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)

Post by Dan Clamag » Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I had the same trouble with Designer/2000, and all Oracle would say is that
it's not supported with O8.
-djc

Quote:> When I am trying to connect from Dev/2000 applications to Oracle 8

Post by cze.. » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)

> Hi,

> When I am trying to connect from Dev/2000 applications to Oracle 8
> database, I get ORA-03121 (described below). How do I relink Dev/2000
> (Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, etc.) to work with Oracle 8 database. I try to
> connect to a database created on my workstation.

> Thanks.

> Rob.

> -- Error description as per Oracle Docs: --

> ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

> Cause: This message occurs usually because the Net8 driver is not loaded
> into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of
> the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also
> cause this message. Only programs provided by Oracle
> Corporation should use this interface.

> Action: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by
> Oracle Corporation, contact customer support. If a user
> program caused the message, relink the program with current versions of
> the Oracle libraries.

Sounds like you're trying to RELINK with Oracle8 libraries. That
won't work; you can run it client/server (or equivalently, separate
Oracle Homes on one Box) if you are on Solaris.

(On NT, this doesn't apply as there is no relinking; just install
it all into one Oracle Home and you should be fine).

In general, Net v2 clients can connect to Net v8 listeners without
a problem.

1. Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)

[...]

2. any good white papers out there for data warehousing & NT??

3. ORA-03121 Unable to connect to Oracle via ODBC

4. DBCOMBO IN VB5

5. ORA-03121 Error with PO8 and Developer 2000

6. Pick in India

7. ora-03121 no interface driver connected

8. DBCombo BoundText

9. ORA-03121 No driver connected ?

10. After install: ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

11. ORA - 03121 - No interface driver connected - function not performed

12. ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

13. ORA-03121-no interface driver connected