%ORACLE_HOME%: OAS 4.0 vs Oracle 7.3 on Win NT

%ORACLE_HOME%: OAS 4.0 vs Oracle 7.3 on Win NT

Post by Marc Fleischeuer » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

I am testing OAS 4.0 and I want to avoid installing it in my regular
ORACLE_HOME directory (I am running Oracle RDBMS 7.3.3.4). The
installation procedure for OAS allows me to name any directory to
install itself in, and after installation it has set the ORACLE_HOME
environment variable to this directory. However, after reboot the
database will not startup with a different setting of ORACLE_HOME, and
the webserver processes can not be started when I manually reset
ORACLE_HOME to its original value. All of there adventures take place
on one single machine running Windows NT 4.0.

Am I missing something here? Should I bite the bullet and install OAS
in the database hierarchy, or is there some environment variable that
solves this situation?

TIA -
Marc
--
                     "Het hoeft nietsch te zijn, alsch het maer wat lijckt"
                                           Dutch proverb, late 20th century

1. Oracle 7.3, Win NT 4.0 and ORACLE_SID

Gentlemen:

I have an Oracle Instance running under WINNT 4.0

I want to change the SID in my database.

Besides making the necessary changes in the Oracle database side
(TNSNAMES.ORA, INIT<SID>.ORA ....)
I notice that there are a couple of WINNT services named OracleService<SID>
and OracleStart<SID>.

How do I handle those ?

2. Changing Control Fonts onthe fly - how?

3. Oracle 7.3 on Win NT 4.0 Backup

4. Help please: "File not found"

5. Unixware 2.1/7.0 vs NT 4.0 for Oracle 7.3/8.0

6. ONARCHIVE

7. Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0 and VB 4.0 front-end

8. kicking off a report from JDBC?

9. import an Oracle 8 Dmp into an Oracle 7.3 Server under NT 4.0

10. OAS 4.0/Differnt ORACLE_HOME

11. Oracle 7.3 NT3.5 vs 4.0

12. Delphi 3.0 C/S, Windows NT 4.0 and Oracle 7.3

13. Web-Interface with Oracle 7.3 using IIS 3.0 / NT 4.0