HELP IN INSTALLING ORACLE APPLICATIONS E-BUSINESS SUITE CD PACK.

HELP IN INSTALLING ORACLE APPLICATIONS E-BUSINESS SUITE CD PACK.

Post by Lakshmi Jagarlapud » Fri, 02 May 2003 11:16:31

Hi,

Just yesterday I brought the Oracle applications CD pack and trying to
install them on my PC
which is Windows XP home. I want to know some oracle applications like
financials functionality
which is why I am doing this.

Firstly is there anyone out there who is doing a similar exercise so that I
can share the
experiences. It is really an excruciating experiences installing all the
software alone without any help.

Secondly, during the installation it is treating for the DNS domain name.
what should I enter the for the domain name? It is defaulting to attbi and
pinging for
ping host.attbi.com

which it is not able to succesfully ping.

If I enter the host name in the domain name field , then it is pinging
ping host.host
again this is unsuccessful

Not quite sure, what I should do now.

Can any body throw some light on this. I would be really thankful to them.

expecting a quick response.

Thanks,

Post by Ed Procha » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:14:40

> Hi,

> Just yesterday I brought the Oracle applications CD pack and trying to
> install them on my PC

Please ask your questions in an appropriate group, this is marketplace, ie,
where jobs, availability and product announcements are posted.

Try asking in .misc

Fololowup set to c.d.o.misc
copy emailed to Lakshmi

--
Ed Prochak
running    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/

1. E-Business Suite CD packs include documentation or not

I intend to order Oracle E-Business Suite, financials CD pack, but I don't
know this pack includes the documentation or manuals to start with. I tried
to download these documentation, but cannot find them from the Oracle web,
it is strange why Oracle doesn't allow us to donwload these application
documentation. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

2. Delphi Components For Microsoft Access databases

3. min system & hw requirements oracle ebusiness suite

4. sendmail

5. Sizing for Oracle ebusiness suite

6. equivalent of Oracle exp/imp for Sql Server?

7. 39501-WI-GREEN BAY-ORACLE-Business Applications-IMPLEMEN-Oracle Business Analyst (2)

8. OLAP Engineers needed

9. RMAN and Legato Networker Business Suite Module for Oracle

10. US-WI-EBUSINESS APPLICATION ADMINISTRATOR / ORACLE