different between oracle 8i standard vs enterprise edition

different between oracle 8i standard vs enterprise edition

Post by <domin.. » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 07:39:09

Hi All,

   Do anyone know what is the major differences between
Oracle's Enterprise edition and Oracle's standard edition.

I know certain modules will NOT BE there.

Anyone know which website to find this out.

I am trying to search from www.oracle.com and also from OTN.

Thank you in advance,

Dominica

different between oracle 8i standard vs enterprise edition

Post by John Alexande » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:31:35

Here is a matrix detailing the differences between Standard and Enterprise.

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/....
817/a76962/ch4.htm#52939

My opinion - most small to mid-size companies will never need the extra
features in Enterprise. And it costs about 10 times as much as Standard.

John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com
St. Petersburg, FL