fatal NI connect error 12546

Post by P.D. Krijgsma » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:19:22

Hi.

I have found several postings about this error but none had a solution
that worked for me.

So I will post my whole current situation in the hope someone will be
able to help.

This server acts as a database connected to a Dynamo and Netscape
webserver.  At this moment the server is *very* sensitive for access,
when we have several concurrent users the load exceeds it's limits and
the CPU load is 0% idle.   In return the netscape-server will do the
same and both machines are runinng on 0% idle and our websites are
unreachable.  Untill a few days ago everything was fine (a high load of
40% idle) and no new sites where added

In my client.log I receive the following error at least a couple of
times per minute:

************** CLIENT.LOG *******************************************

Fatal NI connect error 12546, connecting to:
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)(PROGRAM=%ORACLE_HOME%/bin/oracle)
(ARGV0=oracleSID)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL=beq)))')(DETACH=NO))(CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)
(HOST=hostname)(USER=root))))

VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for Solaris: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version 8.0.5.0.0 -
Production
Time: 09-JAN-01 17:58:13
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
nr err code: 12206
TNS-12206: TNS:received a TNS error during navigation
ns main err code: 12546
TNS-12546: TNS:permission denied
ns secondary err code: 12560
nt main err code: 516
TNS-00516: Permission denied
nt secondary err code: 13
nt OS err code: 0

Permissions on the listener.log are set to -rw-r--r-- and that it is
owned by oracle group dba, also permissions on /var/opt/.oracle are set
to 777 and is owned by oracle group dba and permissions
on /var/tmp/.oracle are set to rwxrwxrwx and the directory is owned by
the oracle account.

my listener.ora it says the following:
=========================== LISTENER.ORA
===============================

LISTENER =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = TCP.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(HOST = oracle)
(PORT = 1521)
)
)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = SPRO)
(ORACLE_HOME = $ORACLE_HOME)
)

  **** CUT Some other SID's (like above only different names)

)

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
LOG_DIRECTORY _LISTENER = $ORACLE_HOME/network/log
LOG_FILE_LISTENER = listener.log
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF
TRACE_DIRECTORY_LISTENER = $ORACLE_HOME/network/log
TRACE_FILE_LISTENER = listener.trc

$ORACLE_HOME is changed from the correct $ORACLE_HOME path.

Here is an entry of my tnsnames.ora (all entries are alike):
=============== TNSNAMES.ORA
SPRO =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS =
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(HOST = oracle)
(PORT = 1521)
)
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = SPRO)
)
)

I don't understand where the client.log entry get's its errors from.
Because the error states: PROTOCOL=BEQ and I have done a grep on this
and was unable to find it. It also states: "HOST=europa" which is wrong
too! The hostname is europa but because it runs on a SunCluster
(version 2.2) it has to use the hostname "oracle".
Is there an different file to use because it is a cluster?
I know that oratab is not used but that is not located under
$ORACLE_HOME so that makes sence, the .ora files are under
$ORACLE_HOME.

Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. URGENT: Fatal NI connect error 12545

I can connect to my database with/without sqlnet.
But when I execute a program (pro*c) ,
I've this message in the sqlnet.ora
However,  I do not need the sqlnet : because I connect localy !!

message of sqlnet.ora :
=======================

Fatal NI connect error 12545, connecting to:
 (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)(PROGRAM=/opt/oracle/8.1.7/bin/oracle)
(ARGV0=oracle<my_sid>)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')(DETACH=NO))(CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)
(HOST=<ma_machine>)(USER=<my_user>))))

  VERSION INFORMATION:
        TNS for Solaris: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

        Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version 8.1.7.0.0 -
Production
  Time: 22-NOV-2002 16:58:47
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 0
    ns main err code: 12545
    TNS-12545: Message 12545 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNS
    ns secondary err code: 12560
    nt main err code: 515
    TNS-00515: Message 515 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNS
    nt secondary err code: 2
    nt OS err code: 0

Thanks for responses

2. Aggregate function that numbers returned rows

3. Fatal NI connect error 12203

4. HELP! Crystal Text-To-Date Conversion

5. Fatal NI connect error 12560

6. Editing a record in a FoxPro 2.6 Table with VC++ 5.0

7. Fatal NI Error - BEQ Protocl on Client running IIS

8. convert timedate

9. Help: ERROR: ORA-12546: TNS:permission denied on sun Oracle 7.3.4

10. Oninit Fatal error oninit: Fatal error in initialising ASF wi

11. Our fix for ORA-12546 in 7.3.2.3

12. TNS-12546: TNS:permission denied