What should I do to enter Oracle field?

Post by caym2.. » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

What preparations are usually necessary to enter the Oracle field? I
would like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

What should I do to enter Oracle field?

Post by Iancrozi » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

A degree in Coputer Information Systems would be a good start. Then a few
Oracle classes and pass your certification exams. That'll keep you busy for a
few years :-)

What should I do to enter Oracle field?

Post by Van Messne » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

If you're thinking of doing DBA work, you'll probably want full body armor
and a helmet as well.

Quote:> A degree in Coputer Information Systems would be a good start. Then a few
> Oracle classes and pass your certification exams. That'll keep you busy
for a
> few years :-)

What should I do to enter Oracle field?

Post by caym2.. » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> If you're thinking of doing DBA work, you'll probably want full body
armor
> and a helmet as well.

Sir, I am not familiar with DBA field, and I don't really understand
what you mean by full body armor and a helmet; can you explain what
that is?

Thank you in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

What should I do to enter Oracle field?

Post by Jerry Gitome » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

    Being a DBA is like being the designated scapegoat.  When
things are going well the DBA doesn't appear to do much (other
than collect what the non-DBAs consider to be an outrageous

FAULT!!!!!.

    Doesn't matter if the problem was caused by the server power
fluctuating like a yo-yo or the developers deleted all of the
transaction tables, or the system administrator unilaterally
decided to move all of the disk files to different directories,
or operations didn't follow the written procedures for the backup

FAULT!!!!!.

    So, if you want to be a dba you should take some courses in
martial arts, buy body armor, and hang autographed photos of the
FBIs Ten Most Wanted on your cubicle wall.  All this in addition
to becoming expert in Oracle.

regards
Jerry Gitomer

>> If you're thinking of doing DBA work, you'll probably want
full body
>armor
>> and a helmet as well.

>Sir, I am not familiar with DBA field, and I don't really
understand
>what you mean by full body armor and a helmet; can you explain
what
>that is?

>Thank you in advance.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

What should I do to enter Oracle field?

Post by Stev » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I would also suggest that you shave your head, since all your hair will
just fall out anyway.

> If you're thinking of doing DBA work, you'll probably want full body armor
> and a helmet as well.

> > A degree in Coputer Information Systems would be a good start. Then a few
> > Oracle classes and pass your certification exams. That'll keep you busy
> for a
> > few years :-)

What should I do to enter Oracle field?

Post by Dan Benwel » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Also when choosing a company to do a backup/recovery course
ask if you can have several phones that ring all the time
in the classroom. Just to make it realistic!

Dan

> I would also suggest that you shave your head, since all your hair will
> just fall out anyway.

> > If you're thinking of doing DBA work, you'll probably want full body
armor
> > and a helmet as well.

> > > A degree in Coputer Information Systems would be a good start. Then a
few
> > > Oracle classes and pass your certification exams. That'll keep you
busy
> > for a
> > > few years :-)

1. VB3 appending a field to a table, then entering data into the new field

'**** I create a database to store measurements with the createdatabase command.
'**** I need a fixed number of tables which i have created.
'**** I then need to add new fields to a specific table.
'**** The number of fields will vary from table to table.
'**** Basically, the database is a simple (not relational) database with
'**** rows (records) and columns (fields).
'**** The database is used to store data from and supply data to a grid.
'**** The sub i have written allows me to append the new field to the table chosen

Dim measurement As String
measurement = "20.02"
Dim field_name As New Field
Dim table_name As tabledef

'**** table_1 is an existing table
Set table_name = my_database.TableDefs("table_ 1")

'**** add a new field to the correct record
field_name.Name = "field_2"
field_name.Type = DB_TEXT
field_name.Attributes = DB_UPDATABLEFIELD
field_name.Size = 6

'**** add a new field

table_name.Fields.Append field_name

'**** I now want to enter a string (called measurement) into the new field
data1.RecordSource = table_name

'*************************************************************************
'**** this reports an error
data1.Database.TableDefs(table_name).Fields(field_name) = measurement
'**** The error states -> Property value only valid when field is part of a recordset

'**** My question is - why does this not work!!!

'**** I think that I need to establish a recordset but the help files
'**** do not make this clear.
'**** If this is correct how do I do this.

2. Query problem

3. Enter key to move field to field

4. Suggestions Welcome

5. Passing from field to field with Enter key

6. 7357-NY-STERLING FOREST-PL/1-ORACLE-Designer 2000-Developer 2000-Programmer

7. saving ENTER in text field

8. PL/SQL code to launch Netscape from Forms 5.0

9. Entering Dates into a smalldatetime field

10. Automatically Enter data in a field

11. Entering Null Fields

12. How to just enter time in a datetime field

13. How to i enter images into a field