How could I extract user name?

Post by Gennad » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,
I have Oracle 8.0.5  DB with application schema  and 2 real Oracle Client
users
with DBA privilege. How can I extract real client user name when he
connected as application schema
user?
Thanks,
Gennady

Post by Connor McDonal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hello,
> I have Oracle 8.0.5  DB with application schema  and 2 real Oracle Client
> users
> with DBA privilege. How can I extract real client user name when he
> connected as application schema
> user?
> Thanks,
> Gennady

If their real name was "X" and they connected as "Y" then you can't get
this information trivially..Some options:

- Get them the connect as "X" and issue 'alter session set
current_schema = Y'.

- As they logon, use dbms_application_info to set the username that you
wish to see and then read that into (say) a package variable once they
connect as 'Y'.

HTH
Connor McDonald
http://www.veryComputer.com/

We are born *, wet and hungry...then things get worse

How could I extract user name?

Post by Screame » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

select osuser, terminal from v$session
where ......

If anyone can help on the where clause i would appreciate.

Quote:> Hello,
> I have Oracle 8.0.5  DB with application schema  and 2 real Oracle Client
> users
> with DBA privilege. How can I extract real client user name when he
> connected as application schema
> user?
> Thanks,
> Gennady

How could I extract user name?

Post by Niall Litchfiel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

where username = '<APPLICATION USERNAME> in this case.

generically

where type != 'BACKGROUND' gives you non bvackground logged on users.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

> select osuser, terminal from v$session
> where ......

> If anyone can help on the where clause i would appreciate.

> > Hello,
> > I have Oracle 8.0.5  DB with application schema  and 2 real Oracle
Client
> > users
> > with DBA privilege. How can I extract real client user name when he
> > connected as application schema
> > user?
> > Thanks,
> > Gennady

1. how to extract user name from sql server (if userlogin is available)

Hi
I m trying to figure this out since past few days ....but unable to
find the answer yet .......
i m working on a application which requires extracting user name from
the nt-login information......the database is sql server .......&
front end is asp ....i can fetch the user login id easily with server
variable (REMOTE_USER") but i m unable to get the user name

some one suggested to use EXEC master..xp_cmdshell 'net user /domain'
......this works on Query analyser & shows user name as one of the
records ............but i am not sure how to implement it in ASP
.......can any one help please with the solution to this problem
??????

quick response will be much appriciated
kind Regards
Trisha

2. Need Help with Dbase

3. NT User Name blank or SQL User Name blank

4. How to perform this function

5. How can I extract the table names from dtproperties

6. MD-Oracle Financials Developer,G/L,O/E,A/R,A/P,F/A

7. Need to extract column names in a trigger for Auditing

8. pl/pgsql & fk constraint

9. Extract domain names from email

10. How to retrieve a computer name and user name of a computer

11. Help - programmatically extracting column names and alias from views

12. Extract components of free format name/address data

13. Extracting table names