Executing and OS command from a database trigger or stored procedure

Executing and OS command from a database trigger or stored procedure

Post by Art Decke » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

--------------7CB9C33436F291FFDBF067B2

Anyone have experience submitting external OS commands directly from a
database trigger or stored procedure???   We're trying to simulate the
host command in a v3 SQL*Form from within a Java Applet.

RDBMS - 7.1.3.2.0
OS         - Open VMS v6.2

Thanks

--------------7CB9C33436F291FFDBF067B2

begin:          vcard
fn:             Art Decker
n:              Decker;Art
org:            Bronson Resource Group

x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------7CB9C33436F291FFDBF067B2--

Executing and OS command from a database trigger or stored procedure

Post by Land » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

In v7.x you can't. However, you can create a database pipe, send a
message, and have a 3gl program waiting on the other end of the  pipe
for a command to execute. You can find more information/example about
this in the Application Developers Guide. In v.8.0x you can't execute an
OS command directly but you can make a call to a dll stored on the
server.

M.Landa