multiple drop/create 's via JDBC tool

Post by Klaus Pitti » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:01:38

Hi.

I'm new to Oracle and use DBvisualizer 2.0 and the Oracle JDBC Thin
Driver to access
Oracle 7.x and 8.x. The only way to executed multiple inserts with my
JDBC tool is to
use the PL/SQL syntax
BEGIN
   insert....;
   insert....;
END;

Am I right with this? If no, can some please tell me another way?

The problem is to execute my create scripts for a set of tables;
they contain a drop-, create- and some alter-statements for every table.
I found no way to execute the whole script from within a JDBC based
tool.
Does anyone know the right syntax for this or is it impossible?

regards