I′am new and have questions

Post by Cena » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 21:23:02

Hi,

i have a tab on a Oracel-Databaseserver, and i want to fill this with an
Visual C++ 6 program.

My table have the path "Orcserver \ tabel \ tabeldoll \ lbind" user is demo
an password is demo(not really),
how can i connect to this tabel over the ODBC Data Source Administrator.

My next question how can i fill this tabel, i have use ExcecuteSQL but it
use hardcoding like this
ExcecuteSQL("INSERT INTO tabelname VALUES ('Text', 'Text')");

Iam new in Databaseprogramming and my english is not very well.

Thank you everyone.

1. New to SQL, easy question I am sure

I am trying to learn to add data to a table, i have
typed the following:

insert into tblclasshistory
values('922', 'Windows NT Core', '6', '12/13/99', '6000')

The column for the 6 is type integer and the column for
6000 is type money.  I get this:

Msg 260, Level 16, State 1
Disallowed implicit conversion from datatype 'varchar' to datatype 'int'
  Table: 'dbCTEC.dbo.tblclasshistory', Column: 'Num_Students'
  Use the CONVERT function to run this query.
Msg 260, Level 16, State 1
Disallowed implicit conversion from datatype 'varchar' to datatype
'money'
  Table: 'dbCTEC.dbo.tblclasshistory', Column: 'Revenue'
  Use the CONVERT function to run this query.

How do I fix this?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. TDatabase problem

3. I am having a problem with a hard disk drive or floppy disk drive

4. Need help on another problem!

5. i also am having problems connecting with MS JDBC driver for sql2k

6. requêtes paradox

7. I am having a problem with the following SQL statements:

8. Delete Trigger

9. i am having a brainfreeze right now.

10. I am having problems with addnew

11. I am having a multi-step problem...

12. I am having trouble with calling a stored proc within a trigger

13. I am having a problem with cMax.