NT Service with OCI Code cannot start with wsock32.dll code

NT Service with OCI Code cannot start with wsock32.dll code

Post by Sal Jame » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

This is a strange interaction problem and I'd appreciate any ideas on
how to fix it:

We have an NT Service that starts and runs OK until we rebuild it to
include a module that has SOCKETs. We don't need to call the socket
code -- we just include the socket code in the executable service, which
presumably causes the wsock32.dll to be loaded.

We get this error when we try to start the NT service with socket code
included:
"Initialization of the DLL D:\orant\bin\ociw32.dll failed. The process
is terminating abnormally."

How could the presence of the wsock32.dll cause the ociw32.dll to not
initialize?

Thanks, Sal James

NT Service with OCI Code cannot start with wsock32.dll code

Post by Fengqing Zh » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>This is a strange interaction problem and I'd appreciate any ideas on
>how to fix it:

>We have an NT Service that starts and runs OK until we rebuild it to
>include a module that has SOCKETs. We don't need to call the socket
>code -- we just include the socket code in the executable service, which
>presumably causes the wsock32.dll to be loaded.

>We get this error when we try to start the NT service with socket code
>included:
>"Initialization of the DLL D:\orant\bin\ociw32.dll failed. The process
>is terminating abnormally."

>How could the presence of the wsock32.dll cause the ociw32.dll to not
>initialize?

>Thanks, Sal James

Oracle 7.3.2.2 on NT may need "Require Support Files V7.3.2.2.0C"
to get OCIW32.DLL. The original OCIW32.DLL length is 34K, while
required length is 36K.

That fixed my problem.

Hope it helps!

1. An NT service with OCI cannot be started if a SOCKET module is added

This seems to be a most bizarre interaction problem and I would
appreciate any ideas you might have about it.

We have an NT 4.0 service that includes OCI code. The service can be
started and runs OK unless we "add" a module with sockets defined in
winsock.h and rebuild it. We never even need to "call" the code in the
added socket module (although we'd like to) in order to get this
failure:

"Initialization of the DLL d:\orant\bin\ociw32.dll failed. The process
is terminating abnormally."

Perhaps the code in ociw32.dll is mistakenly linked to a function in
winsock.dll or maybe there's a delicate alignment problem. ;)

Thanks for any ideas on this,
Sal James  ADSI

2. Extremely slow ODBC connection from FM to Excel on a Mac

3. Start SQLAgent Service from Code

4. alter database backup controlfile to trace...

5. Start SQL Agent Server Service via Code

6. Problem with 2 servers

7. Cannot start NT services

8. ADO Connection Transaction vs. ObjectContext Transaction

9. HELP - cannot start SQL server service - Internal NT error

10. Find zip codes (and things with zip codes) within a radius of a zip code

11. ODBC Code Works Fine in VC++ Dialog App - Fails in NT Service

12. Starting capture as an NT Service on Windows NT

13. OCI Array Fetch Sample Code.