Oracle installation problem

Post by Darren Smit » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Firstly, Im assuming that you have you kernel parameters set correctly.
Secondly, I would use the bog standard bourne shell for the time being (swap
it later after the install).  There have been occasions where the kron shell
was doing something funny.
Then I would check your umask.  Is it set to 022?  027 wont do.

Anyway... Thats all I can think of at this stage.

Hope it helps

--

Darren Smith
Oracle Australia

1. Oracle Installation problem --(Display problem)

Hi All,
         I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6i on Linux Redhat 6.1(on Intel),
i have got to the point where i am executing the runInstaller
(./runInstaller) as the oracle user, but i keep getting these
DISPLAYerrors.
Xlib:Cannot connect to the server...using  DISPLAY localhost:0.0

I have set all the neccessary environment variables particularly the DISPLAY
variable in the /home/oracle/.bash_profile as instructed by all the oracle
documents and other relevant documents but i still keep getting these
errors.

I have tried to set DISPLAY to localhost:0.0, i have tried
$ xhost +localhost .
my ORACLE_TERM was set to vt100, is that the possible problem?,.
Could someone with a working and successsfully installed  oracle system send
me a copy of their .bash_profile file.
Your assistance willm be greatly appreciated.Thanks

2. INTERBASE PERFORMANCE

3. Oracle Installation Problem on Solaris

4. Searching with wildcards

5. Help! DBD::Oracle installation problem

6. Memory not Initialized

7. Quirky Oracle installation problem

8. Oracle Installation Problem on Solaris

9. Oracle Installation problem

10. Help! DBD::Oracle installation problem

11. oracle installation problem

12. Newbie Oracle Installation Problem