SQL*Net / Net8 as well.Quote:>What files are need to be installed on a client computer to access
>an existing Oracle database ? (ODBC Driver, anything else??) Thanks
I am asking the same question than you: 'How to distribute Oracle
Client !!!' and I was quite dispointed by the Fuzzy's answer...
I hope you will have new more interesting answers !!!
--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---
I am having a related problem: I try to install an ODBC client on NT to
connect to an Oracle8 server running on Linux.
The documentation says required software are 'Net8 Client shipping with
Oracle 8.0.5' and 'Oracle8 Installer shipping with Oralce 8.0.5'.
This software is not in the ODBC package I downloaded from Oracle's Web. It
doesn't seem to be on the Linux CD.
Do I really need this ? Where to find it ?
> I am asking the same question than you: 'How to distribute Oracle
> Client !!!' and I was quite dispointed by the Fuzzy's answer...
> I hope you will have new more interesting answers !!!
> --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---
1. distribution of client files
Greetings. I want to be able to include Sql Server 7.0 client installation
along with my application. And the way I'd like to do it is that the
installation routine will install the client in a silent mode without user
interaction. So, I was wondering what files need to be distributed and what
registry changes need to be made for this to work.
If I am to use sql70cli.bat and sql70cli.iss files to do the silent install,
what files and folders off the sql server cd-rom will I need to copy to my
Thanks in advance.
3. Need a List of Distribution files for DAO 3.5 and VB4
4. Two of the same database listed in DB Maintenance
5. Files ACUTALLY needed for distribution
6. Conversion of fields from integer to character
7. Oracle 8 preview distribution: hang when installing the client on Windows95
8. Q: Utilizing 1 Button to insert/Delete in 3 Tables on same page...
9. NT and/or Unix clients w/ ORACLE/SYBASE - Client needs developers in Long Island, NY