Database Link Problem

Post by Rajesh » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
create database link dblink
connect to uid
identified by pwd
using 'db2';

created database link.

service name. However, I am able to connect to the other database using
SQLPlus.

I have checked my TNS_NAMES.ORA File and the entry for 'db2.world' exists
and checked the same with TNSPING. I have checked my registry, oracle.ini
for TNS_ADMIN parameter also. They seem to be right.

oracle version 7.3.4.2

Could some one help.

Rajesh

Database Link Problem

Post by Jason Jay Weilan » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Rajesh,

     Does the database server's TNS_NAMES.ORA have the name
as well?  Under the same name, db2?

Jay!!!

> Hi,
> create database link dblink
> connect to uid
> identified by pwd
> using 'db2';

> created database link.

> service name. However, I am able to connect to the other database using
> SQLPlus.

> I have checked my TNS_NAMES.ORA File and the entry for 'db2.world' exists
> and checked the same with TNSPING. I have checked my registry, oracle.ini
> for TNS_ADMIN parameter also. They seem to be right.

> oracle version 7.3.4.2

> Could some one help.

> Rajesh

Database Link Problem

Post by Kurt Laugese » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

You must check TNSNAMES on the server, as the database link is used by the
process on the server, not by you on your PC
Regards
Kurt Laugesen

>Hi,
>create database link dblink
>connect to uid
>identified by pwd
>using 'db2';

>created database link.

>service name. However, I am able to connect to the other database using
>SQLPlus.

>I have checked my TNS_NAMES.ORA File and the entry for 'db2.world' exists
>and checked the same with TNSPING. I have checked my registry, oracle.ini
>for TNS_ADMIN parameter also. They seem to be right.

>oracle version 7.3.4.2

>Could some one help.

>Rajesh

1. Database link problem

but not the same as Pierre HIRTH's last post.
First excuse me for my bad English language
Always two data bases :
The first one on Oracle 8.0.5 SID = ORCL and hosted by
machine1.my_domain
The second one on Oracle 8.1.7 service name = trieves hosted by
machine2.my_domain

SQL> create database link orcl connect to user1 identified by pass1
  2  using 'orcl';

Lien de base de donnes cr. (Database link created)

                          *
ERREUR la ligne 1 : (Error at line 1 :)
ORA-02085: lien de base de donnes ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM se connecte
ORCL.WORLD
           (database link ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM is connecting to
ORCL.WORLD)

Whereas in the same SQLplus windows

Connect. (connected)
SQL> select * from departement where num_dpt=4;

   NUM_DPT NOM_DPT
---------- ----------------------------------------
         4 Hautes Alpes

Same problem, if the database link is created public
The DB_DOMAIN parameter is set to my_domain.
world is the value of NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE in sqlnet.ora file

Could someone tell me why the database link tries a connection to
US.ORACLE.COM when this string is not in the Oracle parameters and it is
possible to connect to orcl ? (Obviously Tnsnames.ora seems right)

Thanks in advance.

R. Burnet.

2. Schema info using ADO

3. database link problem

4. REQ:Description of dbf IV and mdx files

5. Dynamic SQL in Stored procedures using sp_remotesql

6. database link problem from unix to nt (ORA-03113)

7. SQL Log error MSG

8. database link problem, version 7.3.3

9. Database link problem based on size of data.

10. database link problem in oracle 8

11. Database link problem.