Our system monitoring tool integrates with Oracle

Our system monitoring tool integrates with Oracle

Post by Grac » Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:34:46

Sysload provides flexible reporting on real-time and historical system
data for finding bottlenecks. Features include alerts, trend analysis,
automatic diagnosis, log analysis, web application, response time, and
service level monitoring.

Monitors system performance on Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, Windows
2000/XP and NT, Netware, AS/400, GC0S7), Databases (Oracle, SQL
Server, DB2, Informix, Sybase) and Applications (including Oracle
Apps, SAP, Exchange, IIS).

Try our free demo www.nrgglobal.com

1. Tool to monitor the complete system health

Hello,

Occasionally the server running our SQL Server database has a bad hair day -
usually this is due to problems with its disk array, too many processes
connecting, or dodgy SQL queries. When this occurs, I normally diagnose the
problems using the NT Event Log, PerfMon and SQL Profiler. All these things
take time, though, and don't get done over the weekend.

I am, therefore, looking for a tool to monitor the system health - the
hardware, OS and database - and report issues before they become problems.
Or at least diagnose problems immediately. It must support the sending of
email alerts, and we might want to integrate into our custom web Back
Office, for ease of use. Diagnosis of potential SQL scalability and
performance issues would be a bonus. The alternative would be to write a
Back Office page which uses NT Event Log, PerfMon and SQL Profiler for the
same task.

Can anyone recommend a tool for this, or a review covering this area?

At the moment, the list of possibilities is:

1/ Our Microsoft contact likes Precise i3
<http://www.precise.com/Solutions/i3/Overview/>. No trial version available.

2/ NetIQ's "DiagnosticManager for SQL Server"
<http://www.netiq.com/products/sdm/default.asp>. Trial version available.

3/ Microsoft Operations Manager <http://www.microsoft.com/mom/>, especially
the Performance Monitoring on
<http://www.microsoft.com/mom/evaluation/features/default.asp>. Trial
version available.

4/ For SQL only SQL Power Tools <http://www.sqlpower.com>. Not sure whether
this shows more than is available form SQL Server Profiler.

2. HELP NEEDED on SQL Failure !!!!

3. A great system monitoring tool

4. FoxPro 2.0 (x)/DOS 6.2

5. Free Oracle Based Server Performance Monitoring tool available at Oracle-Home.Com

6. Merge Replication between MSSQL2K(Pub) and MSSQL7(Sub)

7. Oracle Integrated Search Tool...

8. parameter queries and the shape command

9. VA-Arlington-103982--CASE Tools-UNIX-PL/SQL-CASE Tools-ORACLE-Systems Analyst , INDUS

10. Tools Oracle on UNIX/NT + SQLServer on NT + Tools for UNIX/NT(system)

11. VA-Arlington-103982--CASE Tools-UNIX-PL/SQL-CASE Tools-ORACLE-Systems Analyst , INDUS

12. Tools Oracle on UNIX/NT + SQLServer on NT + Tools for UNIX/NT(system)

13. Monitor free space of disk using systems monitor