DOMAIN_NAME, RAID1,5, Naming convention....

DOMAIN_NAME, RAID1,5, Naming convention....

Post by Victor » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

1.) Why is it setup so that it is easier to change domain name (whenever start an instance DOMAIN_NAME) than database name ( Hard to change because it is recorded in control file) ?

2.)  I have 3 disk and one disk array (RAID).  Oracle has recommended 7 disk configuration
      (DBA manual from Oracle press).  And temporary tablespaces for each application and
      redo log files(online and archived) can be put on raid 1 but not RAID 5. ( We used to plan
     for RAID 5 !!!!!) Any example or recommendation on the configurations ?

3.) Production database, development database, standby database, distributed database..
Naming convention example ? ( Oracle owner: Oracle_prod, Oracle_dev, DBA01P, DBA01D.?)
Also have to consider applications so DBA01P_APP1, DBA01P_APP2, DBA01D_APP1, DBA02D_APP2?)   Good idea to have database account and UNIX account one-to-one relationship ?

Thanks

Victor

1. DOMAIN_NAME, RAID1,5 , naming convention

[...]

2. Backup and Recovery in Sql Server 7

3. naming conventions for table/column names

4. SCM Utility

5. ADP Object naming convention problem

6. Providing multiple parameters to Access queries

7. Table Naming Convention Questions

8. recompile tables

9. Field naming conventions

10. Device Size and Naming Conventions