prompting user, getting table name, doing things

prompting user, getting table name, doing things

Post by orau.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

Is it possible, within a PL/SQL script, to prompt the user
for a table name and then construct SQL using that table
name, to do various things?  Like grant permissions to someone
else, or even creating the table in the first place, etc?

What would be the easiest way to do that?

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Getting things done in OLAP

Hi!

I am currently working on a project for a company in Holland. We are using
Cognos NovaView against MS SQL Server 7.0 OLAP Services.

There are two types of presentation that I have not managed to do yet. I'll
present them from the less difficult to the more difficult.

Both problems relate to the following cube:
There are the following dimensions:
Product
Sold Date (Year-Month)
Start Date (Year-Month)
The measures are:
Amount
Price

Problem 1:
I want to sum all Months prior to today, and include the months from
previous years:
To make this a business question: How many products did I sell in Period X
that have a start date up to Period X.
The result gives the product on axis Y and Sold Date/Start Date/Measures
(Nested on top of each other) on axis Y.
Take in account that I have no idea if in Period X all previous months have
start dates.

Problem 2:
How can I request for all Products that I sold in a period also start in
that period. I want to be able to see the result immediatly and not have to
search for the sameb period in the nested dimension.

Most obliged for answers

Pete.

2. Multiple databases

3. Prompting user for SQL database name

4. bigint doesnt work

5. Accessing another user's table without qualifying table name with the owner-name

6. pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc (pgc.l)

7. Getting table names without actually knowing their names...

8. ODBC Drivers for Oracle with RDO

9. BCP is doing strange things...

10. Problem getting User Names from NT Groups

11. More efficient way of doing things

12. getting user names/information from active directory (LDAP)

13. Stored Procs not doing the same thing on different servers