OAS 4.0.8 servlets init argument configuration

OAS 4.0.8 servlets init argument configuration

Post by Vincen » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have some servlet programs and I used to use apache web server with apach
jserv as the web server. But when I tried to install them on a SUN machine
running OAS 4.0.8 as the web server today, I fail to configuration it. I can
set up an application for Jservlet and the corresponding cartridges through
the OAS manager successfully. I've tested that with a servlet that don't
need any init arguments. However, some of my servlets require an init
argument, and I don't know how to define that in OAS.

In apache, i put the following line in the zone property file:
    servlets.default.initArgs=<arg_name>=<arg_value>

where <arg_name> is the argument name and <arg_value> is the corresponding
value.

Does anyone know how I can set this in OAS 4.0.8? or where I can find some
reference on that?

Thanks in advance.

1. OAS and servlets

Sorry if this is off=topic for this ng.  Pls pt me to appropriate place,
if so.

I just want to know to what extent Oracle Application Server can be
considered a Web server.  We know that, via a JServlet cartridge, the
output of a Java servlet can be returned direct to a browser, but we
want to know if we can do server side includes, using the <SERVLET> tag
in a .shtml form.  All the OAS documentation says things like "you will
need a Java enabled web server like Apache or Java Web Server"; not very
encouraging.

TIA for any offerings.

Regards,

2. us.tx.dallas.informix dba.contract.6-9 mo.'s.$55-60/hr.

3. rename a table in a database

4. OAS 4.0.8.1 on SuSe 6.3: Can't start Servlets :-(

5. Attention MS team or other whizkids!

6. OAS and special characters (umlauts) via Java Servlets

7. Problem with .Find

8. Cookies failing in Java servlets in OAS 4.0.8

9. OAS 4.0.8.1, NT SP6, servlets that query the db - http 500 error (IE)

10. Init.Ora configuration

11. Init.ora configuration

12. OAS Configuration / Sharing Listeners among different apps