Losing Access To Database Procedures From FORMS 4.5

Losing Access To Database Procedures From FORMS 4.5

Post by Sandy Thrashe » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We are Running Oracle 7.3 and FORMS 4.5.  We are experiencing problems
accessing STORED PROCEDURES from the FORMS.  The errors received is
something like "PROCEDURE Not declared in this scope".  This problem seems
intermittent and can happen to 1 developer, but not his neighbor connected
to the same server.  The next moment, the neighbor could have access, but
not the first person.  A developer can get the problem and sometimes
recompile a program unit in order for it to go away.  In all cases,
developers are able to log into the database using SQL*PLUS with the same
database connection as FORMS 4.5 designer and access the stored procedures.

We can not find a consistent work around and are experiencing work loss.

I hope someone has some good advice.

Thanks,

Sandy

1. Losing Access to Database Procedures from Forms

We are Running Oracle 7.3 and FORMS 4.5.  We are experiencing problems
accessing STORED PROCEDURES from the FORMS.  The errors received is
something like "PROCEDURE Not declared in this scope".  This problem seems
intermittent and can happen to 1 developer, but not his neighbor connected
to the same server.  The next moment, the neighbor could have access, but
not the first person.  A developer can get the problem and sometimes
recompile a program unit in order for it to go away.  In all cases,
developers are able to log into the database using SQL*PLUS with the same
database connection as FORMS 4.5 designer and access the stored procedures.

We can not find a consistent work around and are experiencing work loss.

I hope someone has some good advice.

Thanks,

Sandy

2. ORA-09352 OracleService(SID) has not started

3. Lost-Focus in Forms 4.5

4. new to Progress

5. Saving forms in database in Forms 4.5

6. remote control servers.

7. Forms 4.5 and Packaged Procedures

8. Impromptu Consultant urgently required

9. Forms 4.5 & stored procedures - problems with COMMIT

10. Logon procedure in Oracle Forms 4.5

11. calling a procedure in a .dll from forms 4.5

12. Accessing Package Variables from Forms 4.5