Question, How to compare two longs???

Post by David Pattinso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is there any function in Oracle that will allow me to compare two long
values to see if they are identical? I'm thinking something like a hash
value for the long.

Regards, David.

1. Query Question; trying to compare two tables

Hello Everyone,

I have a query that needs to look a various values in an
Employee table, then compare the hours entered by the
employee from another table.  I am quite new at this so
I'll do my best to explain.  I have a dump table called
WebMonthlyAllocations, I want to see if all employees
entered their hours for the week.  I am getting the
employee info from the EmployeeList.  The hours are per
project basis so I want to be able to add up the sum of the
Total and compare it to being less than 40 or none at all,
the only problem is I get a report if employees have
entered some hours but not 40, but I am not getting a
report on if the employees have entered no hours at all.
Code is posted below, any help would be much appreciated. I
think I have some problem trying to compare the
employeelist to corresponding data in the
WebMonthlyAllocations Table.

SELECT
    EmployeeList.EmployeeNumber, EmployeeList.LastName,
    EmployeeList.FirstName, EmployeeList.Manager,
    EmployeeList.DeptNum, EmployeeList.AvailableHours,
    EmployeeList.Active,
    Sum(WebMonthlyAllocations.Total)as SumOfTotal,
WebMonthlyAllocations.WeekEnd
FROM WebMonthlyAllocations Left JOIN
    EmployeeList ON
    WebMonthlyAllocations.EmployeeNumber =
EmployeeList.EmployeeNumber

GROUP BY EmployeeList.EmployeeNumber,
    EmployeeList.LastName, EmployeeList.FirstName,
    EmployeeList.Manager, EmployeeList.DeptNum,
    EmployeeList.AvailableHours,
    WebMonthlyAllocations.WeekEnd, EmployeeList.Active
HAVING
    EmployeeList.Active = ('True') AND
(Sum((WebMonthlyAllocations.Total))<40) OR (Sum
(WebMonthlyAllocations.Total) Is Null) AND
((WebMonthlyAllocations.WeekEnd)=('10/01/1999'))
ORDER BY EmployeeList.EmployeeNumber ;

thanks for the input,

Chris

2. need java server side pool manager

3. SQL Question - Comparing identical (hopefully) key fields in two tables

4. Return Table_C values not in Table_A OR Table_B??

5. rebuilding corrupt database

6. DAO code to compare two fields in two tables

7. Good Database Performance Tips?

8. comparing two databases on two different servers?

9. Comparing two columns in two tables

10. Comparing two sql strings

11. comparing two tables

12. Comparing two identical tables