Urgent for Default User name and Password for Oracle 8

Urgent for Default User name and Password for Oracle 8

Post by phaa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

this is a new user for Oracle. i have installed the Oracle 8 in NT. it asks
for user name and password for most functions. but i can't found this
internal user name and password for first login. i can't even use the
Security manager. help me, please and thanks.

Post by GC » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> this is a new user for Oracle. i have installed the Oracle 8 in NT. it asks
> for user name and password for most functions. but i can't found this
> internal user name and password for first login. i can't even use the
> Security manager. help me, please and thanks.

username     password              function

system       manager               default DBA account
sys          change_on_install     'owner' of the database. Equiv to
root on unix
scott        tiger                 demo account. Useful for learning the
basics.

Urgent for Default User name and Password for Oracle 8

Post by EVGEN » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

By default, several usernames and passwords are supplied:
internal  oracle
system  manager
sys        change_on_install

Quote:> this is a new user for Oracle. i have installed the Oracle 8 in NT. it
asks
> for user name and password for most functions. but i can't found this
> internal user name and password for first login. i can't even use the
> Security manager. help me, please and thanks.

Urgent for Default User name and Password for Oracle 8

Post by phaa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

got it, thanks.

1. What is the default password for the postgres user in the default

        Anyone know what the default password is for the postgres user? When
trying to use createuser, the password for the postgres user is asked. What
is that default password? I searched all through the docs but couldn't find
it.

Thanks.

2. Code to list table sizes

3. Default Oracle Users and Passwords?

4. SQl 2000 and Excel 2000

5. Changing passwords for Oracle-installed Default users

6. FW: Date_part milliseconds

7. Default Password for Oracle user Internal

8. Deferred select (more)

9. Change User Name and User Password on MSDE 2000

10. URGENT - not .world default domain name

11. (Urgent) Which user default are using

12. (Urgent) Who is a default user

13. What is the default password for the postgres user in