Convert LONG datatype to VARCHAR2

Post by Petre Alexandresc » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Who knows a function that convert long to varchar2?

I need this because I want to do the following SQL statement to work:

Select C1 from T1
union
Select C2 from T2

Where C1, C2 are of  LONG data type.

Thanks,

Petre

1. Converting a Long datatype to Varchar2

I am trying to do an Insert-Select sql statement with one of the fields
being a Long datatype.  I know that this will give me an "Illegal use
of Long Datatype" error.  Is there any other way of doing the same
thing without actually going through a cursor and looping through the
recordset?

Appreciate the help and thanks in advance,
Ed Jao

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. text och varchar?

3. Converting Varchar2 datatype into Clob datatype

4. ODBC Functions call and RDO V2.0

5. Long/Varchar2 datatype question...Help!

6. Multiuser question

7. varchar2/long datatype problems while using webdb

8. PSDI Maximo (SQLW5) to Oracle WGS 7.3 NT?

9. Import - Convert char to varchar2 datatype?

10. How to convert LONG to VARCHAR2????

11. Converting Long Data to Varchar2(s)

12. Convert LONG to a VARCHAR2

13. Converting LONG type to VARCHAR2...