Double license fee, less in Linux, still not release on NT (9i)

Double license fee, less in Linux, still not release on NT (9i)

Post by Niall Litchfiel » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:04:20

Not necessarily. License fees for 9i have decreased for the enterprise
edition (though I think std is more expensive than it used to be).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Quote:> Hi all,

>    just heard from my manager that Oracle is now doubling their
> license fee (Oracle9i or 8i?). Is that true? What happened in Oracle
> that they think Oracle can still #1 in database market IF doubling the
> fee? And compared with DB2, Oracle pay less attention to Linux, and
> Oracle9i still not release in NT platform.... I think our new client
> projets may shift to DB2, SQLServer or mySQL.

> David

1. NT Clients Not Releasing Licenses

Anybody else seen the issue of Btrieve licenses remaining in use by NT
clients until the user logs off from NT?  I'm seeing this with P.SQL SP3.
The user has exited the app but their user session still shows up in
Monitor, using up a license, but with no file handles in use.  Once the user
logs out of NT, the session/license are released.  Anyone know of a fix for
this?

2. pgsql-server/src/backend/optimizer/plan planner.c

3. import from NT 9i to Linux 9i

4. Forms

5. Monitoring NT-Sybase from Linux without Linux-license?

6. US-CT-DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

7. HOWTO install oracle 9i developer release on linux ia64

8. Colorado Informix Jobs

9. UniVerse NT 9.4.1 Problem: Connection Allowance Is Less Than License Count

10. uvodbc licenses not releasing

11. Internet access to SQL 7.0 license fee$

12. Jet/Access 2000/Licensing fees

13. License fee for Ingres net alone on unix (longish)