Strange WebForms error, strange Oracle answer - baffled!

Strange WebForms error, strange Oracle answer - baffled!

Post by Chris Yearsl » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

We had success with Dev2k 1.4w demo, so have bought Web Developer Suite.
Our attempts to run any form fail with the errors attached below. There
are three reasons why this is very odd:

1) Oracle say the 'alertbundle' error is a Sun bug, and doesn't stop
anything working. They say I can verify this by looking at Sun bug
4050902. Checking the Javasoft web pages this bug does not exist.

2) Oracle are baffled by the 'clipboard' error message that appears
first. So are we! We're running in the appletviewer and thought security
was not an issue. It did not appear with 1.4w anyway (running everything
on NT in that case)

3) Oracle say that our configuration - Dev2k on NT, Webserver 3/Oracle8
on Solaris 2.6 is not certified. This is because we had to install a
Solaris version of the 'forms server' and that doesn't like Solaris 2.6
However they initially said we were OK like this!? Has anyone else tried
the Dev2k 1.5.1 Forms server on Solaris 2.6 ?

A bug that can't be looked up, a bug no-one has ever heard of and
questions about compatability. Oracle say downgrading to Solaris 2.5 and
Webserver 2.1 is the way to go, but I still suspect it's just a stupid
setup error on our part. Any ideas would be very, very welcome at this
point. We've had real problems getting the right version of Web
Developer suite as well- if anyone wants to hear what we've found out
feel free to email.

Result of running Appletviewer (on Solaris) against OWS 3, Oracle 8,
Forms server from 1.5.1 follows. Tried on NT and got same result, too.

sun.applet.AppletSecurityException: checksystemclipboardaccess
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.SecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletSecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkSystemClipboardAccess(Compiled
Code)
        at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.getSystemClipboard(Compiled Code)
        at
oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.initClipboard(Compiled Code)
        at
oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.startRunform(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://159.245.37.189:8000/dev2k/forms45/java/oracle/ewt/alert/resour...
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.io.FileNotFoundException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Compiled
Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Compiled Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(Compiled Code)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Compiled Code)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.ewt.alert.Alert.loadButtonText(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.ewt.alert.Alert.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.ewt.alert.Alert.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.showAlert(Compiled
Code)
        at
oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.startRunform(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
File not found when looking for:
oracle.ewt.alert.resource.AlertBundle_en

--
Chris Yearsley

EASAMS Stafford

Strange WebForms error, strange Oracle answer - baffled!

Post by replace this with » Sun, 26 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the group of people that experiences big problems with the
Developer Suite :-(

Quote:>1) Oracle say the 'alertbundle' error is a Sun bug,

We also had this problem. You have to try to get the appletviewer
working first. We found out that using the appletviewer, we have to
use the static html file in stead of the cartridge. But that may not
be the problem (meaning, maybe it also works with the cartridge).

Furthermore, Oracle says that Netscape as well as Microsoft Internet
Explorer aren't certified yet. Actually, no browser has been
certified. It seems that the newest version of Microsoft's Internet
Exlorer doesn't work with Oracle. That is, until preview 2 it worked
fine, but after that no more.

Quote:>Webserver 2.1 is the way to go, but I still suspect it's just a stupid
>setup error on our part. Any ideas would be very, very welcome at this
>point. We've had real problems getting the right version of Web
>Developer suite as well- if anyone wants to hear what we've found out
>feel free to email.

We are running the complete setup on a Windows NT 4.0 machine and also
had our portion of setup problems. Most errors resulted in the showup
of Dr. Watson. If we're making a mistake with the URL (calling a non
existing form with a cartridge), a process also crashes.

About the problems with Sun. Oracle is implementing a higher version
of Sun's JDK than which is supported by the newest browsers. I think
Oracle wants to be ready if the browsers are and therefore use this
newer JDK in it's Developer Suite. When Microsoft and Netscape upgrade
their browsers to this JDK, maybe Oracle starts certifying.

About your published list of error codes. I recognize it as being
almost the same as ours. Anyway, we don't have THIS specific problem
anymore. Try using a static html file.

Good luck!
--- Martin Jesterhoudt

Post by t.. » Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:00:00

: Furthermore, Oracle says that Netscape as well as Microsoft Internet
: Explorer aren't certified yet. Actually, no browser has been
: certified. It seems that the newest version of Microsoft's Internet
: Exlorer doesn't work with Oracle. That is, until preview 2 it worked
: fine, but after that no more.

I phoned Oracle WWS on friday about some web form issues and I too was told
that no browsers are currently certified.

I haven't yet got Netscape to work at all - hash errors on the JAR files - I
have tried various patches to the java components of Netscape, but so far no
luck.

Microdaft IE 4.0 fails miserably as they have deviated from the Java standard,
which gives an error in MessageBeep - oracle prob# 1011476.7 - for which the
oracle fix is to add 'quiet=yes' as a parameter to the call to forms. This
fix doesn't appear to work when one form calls another via call_form() - if
the parameter is not added to the call_form() call you can get the same Java
error and if it is added the call fails as 'quiet' is not a parameter to the
form that you are calling ! Someone reaaly should sue Microdaft about
deviating from the Java standard security model like this :)

: >Webserver 2.1 is the way to go, but I still suspect it's just a stupid
: >setup error on our part. Any ideas would be very, very welcome at this
: >point. We've had real problems getting the right version of Web
: >Developer suite as well- if anyone wants to hear what we've found out
: >feel free to email.

FWIW I've been testing with the freeware 'Xitami' server on NT4.0 and it
all seems OK for static html.

IAP
--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with

1. Strange Oracle error: ORA-06502 (and Microsoft run-time error -2147467259(80004005))

[Sorry if this post appears more than once. I ran into some trouble
with the Internet connection. Damn those corporate firewalls!]

Hello,

I encounter a strange error when I try to call a stored procedure from
a Visual Basic application. After calling the procedure I get the
following error:

Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)':

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "SUSHI.SUSHI_HI_NI", line 153
ORA-06512: at line 1

Now, AFAIK, the run-time error is a Microsoft (VB) error while the
second is an Oracle error, correct?
I get this error when I use my laptop
System:
Microsoft Windows 2000
5.00.2195
Service Pack 2

Computer:
x86 Family Model 8 Stepping 3
AT/AT COMPATIBLE
130.544 KB RAM

The Oracle server is 8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 -
Production

Now comes the strange part. When run the same application on a user
desktop of my client, then the procedure runs OK! No errors,
whatsoever.

Desktop computer information:
System:
Microsoft Windows NT
4.00.1381
IE 5.5.50.4522.1800

Computer:
x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3
AT/AT COMPATIBLE
260.404 KB RAM

I've tried all I could localising the error, but I cannot find
anything. The ORA-06502 would suggest that a variable in the procedure
is not big enough for a certain value, but that does not explain why
it works on other computers. Besides, AFAIK, the variables are big
enough to hold the information (each defined variable has room for 100
characters).

Oh, and as a final touch to the mystery, when I directly call the
procedure in SQL Plus from my laptop (and enter the same values as I
do when I use the VB application) the procedure again works. I really
don't know what's happening here!

I hope the information presented here is clear enough. I personally
have a lot of difficulty to get any grip on the situation. Hopefully
you can help me out.

C ya!

Marty

2. onstat -g ses

3. chinese forpro 2.5b mline()

4. Not sure where to put this--strange ODBC behavior (or I think it's strange)

5. Cluster Wizard fails to locate resource group

6. Strange problem with appendchunk, stranger solution yet

7. Oracle Alliance Partner

8. Strange Error in linked server with Oracle.

9. Strange error executing INSERT query on Oracle

10. Strange Oracle Internal Error

11. strange oracle error