Visigenic ODBC 32bit driver

Post by Greg Gennett » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am getting the following message when installing Visigenic's ODBC
driver for Oracle. "The setup routines for the Visigenic Oracle7 ODBC
driver could not be loaded.  You may be low on memory and need to quit a
few applications".  Does anybody know what is wrong?  I am running this
on a Windows 95 machine where SQL*Net is installed on a networked
drive.  Thanks in advance,

-Greg

Visigenic ODBC 32bit driver

Post by Doug MacDonal » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am getting the following message when installing Visigenic's ODBC
> driver for Oracle. "The setup routines for the Visigenic Oracle7 ODBC
> driver could not be loaded.  You may be low on memory and need to quit a
> few applications".  Does anybody know what is wrong?  I am running this
> on a Windows 95 machine where SQL*Net is installed on a networked
> drive.  Thanks in advance,

> -Greg

This is strictly a guess but perhaps you are trying to install Windows NT
version of the drivers instead of Windows 95.  Like I say this is a guess.
I'm not even sure there are separate drivers for each OS.

1. VB4 Visigenic 32Bit ODBC driver connecting to Oracle 7

Here is my configuration:

Windows 95, Visual Basic 4.0 Professional Edition, SQL*NET 1.1, ORACLE7
TCP/IP

I would like to connect to an Oracle 7 database using VB4 and the
Visigenic 32bit ODBC driver.

Question 1:  Is it possible?
Microsoft TechSupport says that Oracle has not released the required
files?

Question 2:  What IS required?
Is a certain rev of SQL*NET required?
Is a certain rev of Support files required?

Visigenic faxed me a 4 page document on how to get it working.
It required using REGEDIT to make changes!!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim Wable.

2. How do I find the Avg of the Maximum of the Sum in one Query?

3. Problem using VB 4.0, RDO 1.0b, Visigenic 32bit ODBC and ORacle 7.2

4. Correlative question

5. Visigenic's ODBC driver question (VB4.0)

6. Accessing DTS Global variables from an OLE sp_

7. Problems with Visigenic Oracle ODBC driver?

8. Table Config

9. ODBC to Oracle via supplied Visigenic drivers

10. Does Visigenic ODBC driver work with Windows 95?

11. Visigenic ODBC Driver

12. visigenic ODBC driver error for Oracle ?

13. 32 bit ODBC drivers from Visigenic....