HELP VB connect string(rdo) using Microsoft ODBC for Oracle

HELP VB connect string(rdo) using Microsoft ODBC for Oracle

Post by Mathias Pettersso » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Anybody used the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle - driver. Anybody know how a
correct connect string(RDO) looks like?

Mathias

1. User / System DSN fails to connect Oracle Database using Microsoft ODBC for Oracle

Hi Everyone,

I am using Oracle 8.1.6 database on a Unix server.  I am trying to connect
from a W2K machine and have downloaded MDAC 2.7 and installed the latest
ODBC driver.  I created the USER DSN and tried connecting the Micrsoft ODBC
for Oracle, this fails to connect, I have the environment path set to point
to the location where the TNS files are.  The TNS ping works successfully, I
am able to connect successfully if I use the Oracle's native ODBC driver.

I am wondering why I am not able to connect using the Microsoft ODBC dirver.
Am I missing anything that should be configured on the Unix server or in
Windows registry that may cause this problem?  Does anyone have a check list
that I can go through?  Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jack Sheldon

2. Datafile Max Size???

3. Connect Oracle 7.3 using ODBC, rdo and ActiveX

4. Progress description needed - urgent please

5. Connections string using Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

6. dbcc remap parameters

7. Problem using VB 4.0, RDO 1.0b, Visigenic 32bit ODBC and ORacle 7.2

8. Need Oracle Training Books

9. HELP!!! Need ODBC Connect String for VB 5.0

10. Connect to an oracle 8 database using a microsoft 32 bits ODBC driver

11. HELP: Connecting to SQL Server from VB using ODBC

12. Error message retrieving data from Oracle database using subquery via Microsoft rdo

13. RDO connection to ORACLE database through ODBC string literal too long