Advanced Replication : QUEUE doesn't start !?

Advanced Replication : QUEUE doesn't start !?

Post by sjimmie2.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

We're implementing Oracle's Advanced Replication on Oracle 8.0.5
Enterprise Edition and we got the following problem :

When creating a master group, adding tables to it and starting the
replication (state on both master sites is 'NORMAL' so that looks ok) we
get an error message that the SYSTEM.DEF$_AQCALL is disabled.

My first question is why is this QUEUE disabled ?  and the second is how
do I enable the QUEUE again from within the Replication Manager ?

(PS: I found out that I can restart it by using
dbms_aqadm.start_queue(queue_name=>'SYSTEM.DEF$_AQCALL')  but this is
not very elegant if you have your administrators using the Replication
Manager GUI tool)

Regards,

Simon Verzijl

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Advance Queuing - move msg to exception queue

Hello,

I'm using Oracle Advance Queuing mechanism.
I'm dequeuing msg from a queue, and after checking it I, sometimes,
want to rollback changes but move msg to exception queue.
I cant just rollback dequeue, browse msg and rollback until it goes to
exception queue because I have multiple consumers (they dont share
messages between them, any message is enqueued just by one consumer)
and when I roll it back other consumers may 'take over it'.

does any one have any solution to this problem?

TIA.
    ronen.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. compression of tables

3. Advanced Queuing: ORA-25215 user_data type and queue type do not match

4. SQLNS & SQLDMO

5. Oracle8's Advanced Queuing Examples

6. HELP - Cannot get APPEND to work in Clipper 5.01

7. SQLmail queues, but doesn't send (NT4S-SP5 (PDC), SQL65-SP5, Messaging, NTOP/IIS4 (ger))

8. Research position in spatio-temporal databases

9. RAM device doesn't exist - SQL Server won't start

10. Cursor in Stored Procedure Doesn't advance consistently - SQL 6.5 sp-5a

11. Advanced: Free doesn't assign Nil?

12. Advanced Pick - can't start phantoms!?

13. Enterprise manager doesn't show Full Text Search is started