I've been stupid - can you help?

Post by Peadar O'Gaor » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I'm completely new to Oracle.  I installed 8.1.6 and it seemed OK when
finished.  However, I got all sorts of error mesages when I tried to run
sqlplus.  It eventually seemed completely broken - I can't recall the
exact message I got.  So I decided to De-install everything and start
again.  I used the Oracle Universal Installer to do this and then
removed the directories contained in /u01 and /u02 where I installed the
software and database files.  I also removed the files from /etc
referring to oracle.

I tried installing again but the first page only reacts to clicking the
"De-install..." and  "About.." buttons.  None of the buttons (Exit,
Help, Installed Products, Previous (greyed out anyway), Next) on the
lower part of the page work.  They appear to receive the event but then
nothing happens.

I tried inflating the archive again from scratch in case the java files
had got corrupted during my fumblings to no avail.

Anybody know what I've done or what I can do about it all?

Thanks,

Peadar

I've been stupid - can you help?

Post by Peadar O'Gaor » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Sorry - I found that after rebooting the server the installer is working
again.  I still don't know why this is the case of course.

Peadar

> Hi

> I'm completely new to Oracle.  I installed 8.1.6 and it seemed OK when
> finished.  However, I got all sorts of error mesages when I tried to run
> sqlplus.  It eventually seemed completely broken - I can't recall the
> exact message I got.  So I decided to De-install everything and start
> again.  I used the Oracle Universal Installer to do this and then
> removed the directories contained in /u01 and /u02 where I installed the
> software and database files.  I also removed the files from /etc
> referring to oracle.

> I tried installing again but the first page only reacts to clicking the
> "De-install..." and  "About.." buttons.  None of the buttons (Exit,
> Help, Installed Products, Previous (greyed out anyway), Next) on the
> lower part of the page work.  They appear to receive the event but then
> nothing happens.

> I tried inflating the archive again from scratch in case the java files
> had got corrupted during my fumblings to no avail.

> Anybody know what I've done or what I can do about it all?

> Thanks,

> Peadar

I've been stupid - can you help?

Post by Scott » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It might help if you would reveal what errors you got when you tried to run
sqlplus.  It might be something as simple as setting an environment
variable.  I doubt if you needed to re-install.

Let us know...

Scott

> Sorry - I found that after rebooting the server the installer is working
> again.  I still don't know why this is the case of course.

> Peadar

> > Hi

> > I'm completely new to Oracle.  I installed 8.1.6 and it seemed OK when
> > finished.  However, I got all sorts of error mesages when I tried to run
> > sqlplus.  It eventually seemed completely broken - I can't recall the
> > exact message I got.  So I decided to De-install everything and start
> > again.  I used the Oracle Universal Installer to do this and then
> > removed the directories contained in /u01 and /u02 where I installed the
> > software and database files.  I also removed the files from /etc
> > referring to oracle.

> > I tried installing again but the first page only reacts to clicking the
> > "De-install..." and  "About.." buttons.  None of the buttons (Exit,
> > Help, Installed Products, Previous (greyed out anyway), Next) on the
> > lower part of the page work.  They appear to receive the event but then
> > nothing happens.

> > I tried inflating the archive again from scratch in case the java files
> > had got corrupted during my fumblings to no avail.

> > Anybody know what I've done or what I can do about it all?

> > Thanks,

> > Peadar

1. Btrieve sucks and I am stupid please Help.

Hi there.

I hope someone can help me.  I am relatively new to Delphi, and SQL
DataBases.  My problem is that I need to
Access an Existing Btrieve Database using Delphi.  I have tried the ODBC
drivers thorugh DBE and tried to make my
own as well.  I am not able to configure it properly.

If anybody knows the File format of a bTR file, or can tell me how to use
The Datasource Properly with Btrieve, I will

Thanx in advance

2. Creation date of ingres tables

3. WinVFP3: Help, I've list my toolbars and can't find them

4. Remove Special Character function?

5. HELP I've lost a database! HELP

6. Identity property

7. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

8. SQL Client Version

9. HELP - I've some conversion problems !!!

10. Help???I've locked myself out of my own SQL database

11. Tom, I've got an emergency - please help me

12. Can u help me?I've a simple doubt in accessing data from VC++

13. Newbie: Help I've lost my current logfile