Help! 3rd party access control?

Post by nathan lun » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We have multiple machines running Oracle 7.2, will move to 7.3 in a year or
so. Some inhouse code, some packages. Can anyone recommend any 3rd party
products (or tell me where to look) that will help extend what the native
Oracle offers or make it easier to administrate? Such things as row level
control, and single sign on are sought.

Help! 3rd party access control?

Post by Patric » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We are currently looking at third party administrative tools also.  We are
going to bring a number of Oracle-based applications online this year.  The
best products we have found so far are from Platinum Technologies.  The have
server based and client based DBA tools, sys admin tools and some
development tools.  They do offer a single sign on package. Their web site
is located at www.platinum.com.

The only drawback we have encountered so far is that their products are a
bit pricey. When we have talked to other companies that use Platinum tools,
we have been told you get what you pay for.  In our case, it's going to be a
good investment.

HTH
**********************
Patrick Meyer
GIS DBA
CIty of Columbus
**********************

>We have multiple machines running Oracle 7.2, will move to 7.3 in a year or
>so. Some inhouse code, some packages. Can anyone recommend any 3rd party
>products (or tell me where to look) that will help extend what the native
>Oracle offers or make it easier to administrate? Such things as row level
>control, and single sign on are sought.

1. Help! 3rd party access control?

Hi,

Some alternatives: SQL-Navigator from Quest (www.quests.com) and TOAD. The last
one is a tool we use at Kluwer Academic Publishers. We were looking for a pl/sql
integrated development environment, something like the ide of the BORLAND
(INPRISE) tools. Then someone came accross toad. The tool is free, is great to
use and it has administration possibilities too ! Check www.toadsoft.com. One of
the greatest advantages is that u can mail the developer and send him your
wishes. Second it's developed by someone who works with ORACLE and knows about
the problems we all encounter while working with the product.

Have a nice day and good luck choosing your tool !

Patrick schreef:

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
With friendly regards,

Geert Roelof van der Ploeg

2. Sysbase ODBC driver

3. SQL and 3rd Party Access Control

4. FPW2.6 report writer question

5. Binding of 3rd party Database Controls to Datasource in VC++ 4.2

6. BUG in SQL7. Am I right ?

7. 3rd Party Data Controls

8. Access Reports

9. Is it necessary to use 3rd party controls?

10. Registering 3rd party controls

11. 3rd party control recommendations, please?

12. Best/Favorite 3rd party grid control?

13. 3rd party controls and their usefullness for MS-SQL Server