Oracle CBT/Training Videos

Post by Moorshidee B A Kass » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi:

Has anyone here used Oracle CBTs and/or training videos?

How effective are these CBTs and/or training videos?

Any vendors to recommend?

Regards

Moorshidee

Oracle CBT/Training Videos

Post by Jonathan Genni » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone here used Oracle CBTs and/or training videos?

I tried one lesson from the SQL CBT that Oracle sells.
Mostly I did this to see what they were like.

Quote:>How effective are these CBTs and/or training videos?

I got _very_ frustrated _very_ quickly. It was all I could
do to finish the first lesson. By the time I was done, I was
about ready to toss the CD out the window<g>. Mostly this is
because the CBT is very rigid about your response when, for
example,  it asks you to type in a SQL statement. Your
answer may well be correct, but if you put a carraige return
in the wrong place it gets counted as incorrect. In
addition, there were actually a couple outright errors in
the CBT.

I prefer hands-on traininig with a real, live instructor to
a CBT course. I also find reading the manual, or a good
book, to be both faster and more effective -- for me.

Jonathan

Oracle CBT/Training Videos

Post by Jeff Kalch » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hi:

>Has anyone here used Oracle CBTs and/or training videos?

>How effective are these CBTs and/or training videos?

>Any vendors to recommend?

I'm new to Oracle, and bought the Reports and Forms CBT packages.
These are very basic and low-level trainers.  I ran through each of
them in less than an hour.  I wouldn't recommend them unless you've
got a very junior-level programmer.

YMMV.
Jeff Kalchik
Views expressed are my own, not my employers.

Oracle CBT/Training Videos

Post by Scott Patters » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Try www.joncroke.com

Jon Croke is/was  a Oracle Trainer who decided to make some Oracle
training videos. The videos may be lacking in presentation quality but
I have heard that they are good on subject matter.

SWP