Access 2 to Oracle database via ODBC reports error -7751

Access 2 to Oracle database via ODBC reports error -7751

Post by Adrian Harris » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Sorry if this is in the wrong group!

Running on win 3.11

Trying to attach some tables to an Access 2 database from an Oracle 7.3.3 database!

Using the latest ODBC driver from Oracle's web site but keeps coming up with error -7751 and no
description.

What's funny is that when entering the connection details if I delibrately enter the wrong password
Access reports this. If I enter the correct one is waitr a bit longer then reports trhe above error
message

It must be talking to the Oracle database to know that the password was incorrect!

Any ideas

Thanks

A.H
Thanks in advance!

A.H

Access 2 to Oracle database via ODBC reports error -7751

Post by John Powel » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Have you verified that all your Oracle stuff is installed correctly using
TNS Ping (to test the SQL-Net) and ODBC Test (to test, of course, the ODBC)?

If those test out OK, then the next question is:  Have you installed the
Access 2.0 Service Pack?  It's free, available from Microsoft.  Check out
Dev's or Tony's page.  Links provided on my page below.

This service pack has corrected a couple ODBC problems for us - as a matter
of fact, ones that didn't show up until we started hitting a 7.3.3 database.
So I hope it works for you.

--
HTH,
John Powell

This page contains links to many MS Access  FAQ's and
resources (including places to post job related ads, which
do NOT belong here!).

http://www.wavefront.com/~pow/johnmsaccess.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:>Sorry if this is in the wrong group!

>Running on win 3.11

>Trying to attach some tables to an Access 2 database from an Oracle 7.3.3
database!

>Using the latest ODBC driver from Oracle's web site but keeps coming up

with error -7751 and no
Quote:>description.

>What's funny is that when entering the connection details if I delibrately

enter the wrong password
Quote:>Access reports this. If I enter the correct one is waitr a bit longer then

reports trhe above error
Quote:>message

>It must be talking to the Oracle database to know that the password was
incorrect!

>Any ideas

>Thanks

>A.H
>Thanks in advance!

>A.H

1. Access 2 to Oracle database via ODBC reports error -7751

Sorry if this is in the wrong group!

Running on win 3.11

Trying to attach some tables to an Access 2 database from an Oracle 7.3.3 database!

Using the latest ODBC driver from Oracle's web site but keeps coming up with error -7751 and no
description.

What's funny is that when entering the connection details if I delibrately enter the wrong password
Access reports this. If I enter the correct one is waitr a bit longer then reports trhe above error
message

It must be talking to the Oracle database to know that the password was incorrect!

Any ideas

Thanks

A.H
Thanks in advance!

A.H

2. linking a script to a record

3. VB3: Reserved error (-7751)

4. How to extract MAX value from table into textfield?

5. Reserved error (-7751)

6. ESC/P2 Control Codes - Orientation

7. OLE Error(-7751)

8. Help : Multi-Threading in VB5 (Serv Pack3)

9. Help!! VB3: Reserved error (-7751) on OpenDatabase() via ODBC

10. ? Oracle 8.0 can access SQL 6.5 Database via ODBC Driver

11. Accessing data in two DIFFERENT Oracle databases via ODBC

12. ? Oracle 8.0 can access SQL 6.5 Database via ODBC Driver

13. Preventing table update when linking oracle database table to access via ODBC