Willing to pay for Pro*C and/or DBA help

Willing to pay for Pro*C and/or DBA help

Post by k.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Right now I am involved in an Internet startup.  I am stuck in the role
of DBA, but I am very new at this.  I am also writing the interface to
the database for our application using Pro*C (although I'm open to using
OCI directly if necessary).

What I need is some sort of part-time consulting help.  For example, my
major 2 problems that I can't solve right now are:

   1) My Pro*C program is supposed to run indefinitely and it maintains
      on open Oracle connection.  However, it seems that after a while
      the connection times out if it isn't being used.  Next time I
      try to execute an SQL statement, I get an error message.  I have
      added code to try and recover from this, but then it seems the
      program gets into a bad state.

   2) My Pro*C program (running on Linux) can not connect to a remote
      database.  'sqlplus' can connect using the same connect string
      from the same machine.  The Pro*C program just segfaults (no
      error is returned).

If you think you can help with either of these problems, I would be
willing to compensate you for your time.

Likewise - are there companies out there that do this sort of thing?
Like per-incident consulting for Oracle?

--

    GT Sport Parachuting Club!  http://*buzz.gatech.edu/skydive
     Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.

1. J2EE help needed willing to pay $200 upfront

I have an application from Sun that runs on the J2EE platform. The
application runs well but the problem is that the application is written
so that I can not make modification to the original. If I restart the
J2EE server, it reloads the default pages to the application. It is an
online store. I am willing to pay upfront $200 for anyone that can fix
the application so that I can modify it in to the store I want.

Sherwin

2. agent can't connect

3. Commtools Help - willing to pay

4. Help with SQL server Licensing