Disk damaged until a point that we can't figure out. All datafiles,
redo logs and control files are there. I'm operating in NOARCHIVELOG
1. Startup - can't open database unless with RESETLOGS
2. ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS gives a message saying that database
needs recovery using backup controlfile
3. RECOVER DATABASE UNTIL CANCEL USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE gives the
ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get
ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/ora2/oradata/URS/urs_sys01.dbf'
4. Somewhere in METALINK I saw that if this happens the following line
should be added to the init.ora:
_ALLOW_RESETLOGS_CORRUPTION = TRUE
5. I did it all over again now with this hidden parameter set to true
and my alert.log has given me 2 ORA-600 so far, the SVRMGRL process is
taking 99.9% of machine resources, and controlfiles are beeing touched
or so it seems by their date.
6. I've waited more than I think I should wait, and now what do I do?
Kill the process, or what?
Has anyone ever been throught the same situation (or similar)???
I have Linux Red Hat 7.0, with Oracle 184.108.40.206.0 on it, and my 600
datafiles sum up to 265 GB.
NOARCHIVE MODE, no offline backup... just my pens in my hands!
Help me out if you can.
Luis M. Campos