Help: Oralce on Unix ORA 00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

Help: Oralce on Unix ORA 00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

Post by VIP Multi Service » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

WE made a copy of your hard drive to a new drive and tried to run on the
backup only.  Unix will run but Oralce will not mount.  We get:
ORA 00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Jason

remove the xx. from the E-mail address when replying.

Help: Oralce on Unix ORA 00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

Post by Sheilah Scheuric » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

You should be getting a trace file with this.  Look in your alert.log file
to see what the file name  is an what resource is locking.

-Sheilah Scheurich
DBA
my email is wrong - remove the words "want no spam at all" to reply

> WE made a copy of your hard drive to a new drive and tried to run on the
> backup only.  Unix will run but Oralce will not mount.  We get:
> ORA 00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

> Any help would be appreciated
> Thanks,
> Jason

> remove the xx. from the E-mail address when replying.

1. Need help debugging ORA-00060: DEADLOCK

I'm having a problem with an Oracle 8i deadlock condition.
I have two processes executing the same SQL code - so they should be
updating tables in the same order.  They also should not need to access
the same rows.  But I get the error ORA-00060: deadlock detected while
waiting for resource.  Anything other than locking tables in a
different order which could cause this problem?  Any suggestions how I
can pin it down?
TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. tape parameters

3. HELLLLP !!!!! ORA - 00060 Deadlock detected while waiting for resource.

4. Database position at Waikato Uni, New Zealand

5. 'no row' deadlock - ORA-00060

6. Resource profiling tools? for PC W4GL?

7. Ora-00060 Deadlock Problem. Select for update behavior.

8. Ora 04020 - deadlock detected while trying to lock object

9. ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource

10. Users Waiting - What resource are they waiting on