Personal Oracle 7.34

Post by Carl Turne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Anyone know where I can download a copy of 7.34 personal, I'm in a bind...

1. Connecting to SQL Server 2000 from Oracle versions 7.34 and 8.1.7

I am currently in the design phase of programming a CRM Staging solution
and have a problem connecting from Oracle to SQL Server 2000. The basic
scenario is this:

For phase 1 of the project there will be a Siebel database that will
look after customer creation and updating across four business units
with four separate legacy systems (two on Oracle and two on SQL Server).
When a customer record is created/ updated in Siebel it will pass a
record to the staging database which in turn will determine which legacy
system/s need to be updated. A trigger will fire a stored procedure that
will send the data to the chosen legacy system. I have gained
connectivity to all databases using linked servers.

However, while the two SQL Server systems are able to communicate back
to us I cannot seem to find a way of getting Oracle to talk back to SQL
Server. I have installed Oracle drivers which enabled me to get the
linked server connectivity but our Oracle Dba cannot find a way without
purchasing extremely expensive software (transparent gateway) of getting
Oracle to talk back. Apparently Oracle will not release a new version of
the drivers to enable Oracle to talk to SQL Server. I tried creating a
trigger on an Oracle table from SQL Server but this does not work. I am
using the Microsoft OLEDB libraries.

Does anyone out there have any experience of this type of scenario or
any info as I am starting to worry about the feasibility of the project!

Thanks for reading, any responses will be gratefully received.

Giles.

2. Error on opening Access database from VB

3. JDBC 2.0 Driver for Oracle 7.34?

4. SP newbee tips?

5. Oracle 7.34, 8.x, full outer join syntax

6. Oracle8.1.7 on Redhat7.0

7. Oracl 7.34 to SQL 2000

8. Merge replication in SQL Server 7

9. anyone use NBU 3.4 together with infx 7.34

10. Personal oracle 7.3 to Personal oracle 7.3 ( SQL*NET)

11. Bypass Personal Passwords on Personal Oracle 7.3

12. Problems after upgrade postgresql 7.2.1 -> 7.34

13. Delphi and Personal Oracle / Oracle Lite