product overview (i am puzzled - and new to oracle)

product overview (i am puzzled - and new to oracle)

Post by Gerhard Wol » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:51:26

Hi,

1. i am new to oracle
2. i have downloaded "Oracle9i Database Enterprise/Standard/Personal
Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP Pro" from www.oralce.com and installed
it (for trial).

but now i am looking for dokumentation and found a PDF which seems to
be ok for a beginner like me. But the title is "Oracle9i Application
Server"

does my downloaded product fit to this Product which the PDF descibes
?

do you know a better start-point for newbies ?

product overview (i am puzzled - and new to oracle)

Post by Niall Litchfiel » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:14:28

Comments below

Quote:> Hi,

> 1. i am new to oracle

welcome and good luck.

Quote:> 2. i have downloaded "Oracle9i Database Enterprise/Standard/Personal
> Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP Pro" from www.oralce.com and installed
> it (for trial).

> but now i am looking for dokumentation and found a PDF which seems to
> be ok for a beginner like me. But the title is "Oracle9i Application
> Server"

> does my downloaded product fit to this Product which the PDF descibes
> ?

No. The application server is a different (complementary) product.

Quote:

Try http://tahiti.oracle.com and start with the concepts manual.

--
Niall Litchfield