Phonetic Search

Post by Christophe Lalo » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

To search on a table phonetically I want to write a soundex-function.
Is there somebody who can give me the source of a soundex-function?
It should be applicable for all European languages.

Many thanks,
Christophe Laloo

--
********************************
* Christophe Laloo             *

* Html : http://www.delight.be *
********************************
* Standard disclaimer:         *
*   These opinions are mine    *
*   and in no way represent a  *
*   commitment or opinion of   *
*   my employer.               *
********************************

Phonetic Search

Post by Eric Hans » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,

>To search on a table phonetically I want to write a soundex-function.
>Is there somebody who can give me the source of a soundex-function?
>It should be applicable for all European languages.

Why write one when it already exists?

SELECT name
        FROM emp
        WHERE SOUNDEX(name)  = SOUNDEX('ERIC')

1. Phonetic Searches

Does anyone know of a utility that can perform phonetic comparisons against
a SQL Server database?

I've tried out the SOUNDEX and DIFFERENCE functions but do not find them to
be very accurate

2. Saving a Word Doc in a DB

3. Phonetic Searching

4. Organizing data into tables from flat file source

5. Phonetic search in fulltext catalog

6. Initialization question

7. Fuzzy Phonetic searching

8. How can I create a classic MDI application using Oracle Forms?

9. phonetic search

10. Phonetic searching

11. Phonetic search codes

12. Phonetic searching algorithms