<><><>ORACLE DBA

Post by W5 Resources, In » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:37:14

W5 Resources, Inc is one of the fastest growing IT consulting firms in the
greater Toronto area. We have various full time and contract career
opportunities for IT Professionals. If you would like to apply to the
following position, or inquire about other opportunities please email Denny

Oracle Database Administrator
ID # DH1109

Location: Toronto

Compensation: Fulltime

Key Skills/Job Description:
Purpose of this position is to position the technical expertise required
for supporting Database solutions.
The incumbent will be viewed as a technical leader and will provide
guidance to others
You will be the primary interface to Database Build/Deploy area and the
technical database support on new business initiatives
Provide second level technical database administration support within the
environment and form an integral part of the departmental management team
Assess database administration requirements on an ongoing basis, providing
senior Management with an ongoing and, technically current, strategy
Accept transition of database solutions from Deployment to Operations and
assist in database deployment activities
Perform preventative database administration, fault isolation/resolution,
and recovery management of Client database
Devise and document approved database administration procedures
Provide technical database administration support in a 7/24 environment
Monitor and report on database performance and capacity
Ensure reliability and Availability of Client DB's as per SLA 's
Provide database expertise to less senior staff
Provide second level support to Customer Application Operation Staff
Assist in Deployment activities and assess /accept transition of database
Solution to Operations
You will bring with you at least 5 years experience in Oracle database
administration
Experience in UNIX (SUN, HP) and NT environments
Experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials, SAP, and BroadVision would be
considered definite assets

If you would like to apply for this position, or know someone that you think

Please address the resume to Denny Saraferas, and include the Job ID# as the
subject heading.
Your resume or personal information to any client will not be released
without your prior expressed consent

1. US-TX>>>Oracle DBA, HOUSTON<<<Yoh Information Technology

YOH Information Technology has several permanent  positions with our
Houston clients.   These are large, international world class
companies; leading-edge computing environment and congenial data
center.  Great place to work,  great benefits and  one of the
positions is the  primary Oracle person on site!

Need Senior Oracle DBA with 5+ years experience with 7.x;  will be the
key Oracle professional;  duties include install upgrades, design
applications/interfaces, including Intranet;  chart long range system
direction; vendor relations;   Helpful to  have Powerbuilder and Unix
knowledge (prefer AIX).  knowledge of SQL Server would be nice.
Opportunity to work with large, sophisticated IT platform.  Call us to
discuss this great opportunity!  No obligation on your part, your
information will be handled with discretion and you'll gain a friend
in the business!

Fax your resume (which will be held in strict confidence) to Bob
Brooke at  713-524-2232  (or call 1-888-397-1341) or e:mail to

Our clients require a minimum of one year of non-academic, commercial
experience, unless otherwise noted.  If you are a recent grad, we will
maintain your resume for future contacts;  after you have one year of
commercial experience, we would be happy to support your career
development.

All resumes will be held in strict confidence.  We will not contact a
client on your behalf until you have given us permission to do so.

YOH Information Technology is a division of the H.L. Yoh Company, the
oldest technical contract staffing firm in the country.  With over 50
years experience in the contract placement industry, we have more than
45 offices across the country to serve you.

In Houston, our staff has a total of more than 50 years of successful
experience in technical staffing.  You will find us to be knowledgable
about what you do, in touch with the technical labor market (both
contract and permanent) in Houston and we will treat you with respect.
See further information on our Web Page at www.hlyoh.com

2. Question about error -956 on INFORMIX under NT

3. RDO, Oracle and NT Workstation

4. Missing OLE DB Provider in OLAP/Excel 2000 connection.

5. Differences in 8.1.6 IMP parfiles vs. 8.0-- ?