tablespace datafiles only filled up to 50%

tablespace datafiles only filled up to 50%

Post by Ralf Bende » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 05:23:17

hi

i got one tablespace with 4 datafiles. two of that files only filled up
to 50%, but oracle says they are full. what's going wrong here? how can i
say oracle to use all availible space in files?

thx
ralf

tablespace datafiles only filled up to 50%

Post by Thomas Kyt » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:40:13

Quote:

>hi

>i got one tablespace with 4 datafiles. two of that files only filled up =

>to 50%, but oracle says they are full. what's going wrong here? how can =
>i=20
>say oracle to use all availible space in files?

>thx
>ralf

it is more likely saying that it cannot allocate an extent of the requested
size.  The free space in your tablespace is most likely fragmented, a result of
using non-equi sized extents.

See
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:28...

for a script that will show you the free space by tablespace as well as the
largest CONTIGOUS chunk of free space by tablespace.  that'll be the biggest
NEXT or INITIAL extent you can use in there.

1. Only a few records fill 50 mb, why?

Hi,

I have SQL server 6.5 running.
I created a program which fills a database with about 5000 records. this all
works fine in access.
but when i use SQL server as destination for my data then this works slowly
and when i start the reserved 50mb are empty but after only +/- 1500 records
the database is full.
I use an ADO 2.1 connection.
does anyone recognize this problem?

Thanks in advance

Sander Janssen

2. Suggested Hardware Requirements

3. Avoid 50% fill factor?

4. Q: PdoxWin 5.0 and passwords

5. Headerinfo of Tablespace Datafile, Copy TBSP-Datafile

6. EXEC @myvar ??? HELP!!

7. Datafiles debacle: How to remove unrecoverable datafile tablespace and partitions

8. MS-Access - Is there a newsgroup ?

9. Char(50) Null still take up 50 bytes

10. select following 50 records after top 50

11. Alter tablespace add datafile file size error