What is file# == 0 in v$backup_datafile?

What is file# == 0 in v$backup_datafile?

Post by bpleg.. » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:47:14

I was looking at v$backup_datafile and I saw there is file#==0. I
queried v$datafile and found no such file#. Could someone tell me what
it is? I am on Oracle 8.1.6.

benny

What is file# == 0 in v$backup_datafile?

Never mind. It was the controlfile.

Post by Mark D Powe » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:35:22

> I was looking at v$backup_datafile and I saw there is file#==0. I
> queried v$datafile and found no such file#. Could someone tell me what
> it is? I am on Oracle 8.1.6.

> benny

Benny, I checked my system and found 'no rows' and I was about to
recommend that you check v$recover_file and v$backup to make sure you
have no files marked as needing recovery or being in active backup
status when the thought came to check the 8i Reference manual and I
found:

FILE# NUMBER   Datafile number. Set to 0 for control file

Since this table is reporting on Control file records, I take it that
this view is for use with rman backups.

-- Mark D Powell --