triggers on read only snapshot

Post by Josh Ati » Sat, 05 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I need to create triggers on a read only snapshot ( in order to update
other related tables ).

Oracle won't give me an official answer, but they say it will work.

Does anyone have any experience with these kind of triggers ?
Are there any pitfalls I should know about ?

Josh

triggers on read only snapshot

Post by Wayne Linto » Sun, 06 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have created a snapshot on a snapshot table.  This in effect puts a
trigger on the snapshot table.  So it works.

Wayne Linton
Shell Canada Ltd.

1. Can't read snapshot location - access denied

SQL2000/SP2 pullreplication

I'm trying to pull a replication to my system (anonymous). I get the message
that the process could not read file xxx. Where xxx is the snapshot
location. It returns OS error 5 (access denied).

We have given the directory and the share every possible right in Windows XP
including administrator-rights. Still I get Access denied. I can access and
write in that location using Explorer.

Does anyone recognize this problem and has a solution?
How does SQL connect to the share (with a special user of account?)

Richard Badenhop

2. Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

3. Too slow reading through a snapshot

4. SQL 2000 service pack

5. q: read-only snapshot replication

6. Oracle, Ingres

7. replication read only snapshots?

8. VFP 5 File Open Error?

9. initialize large read-only snapshots

10. read-only snapshots

11. Number of Read-only snapshots

12. Deadlock during Read Only Snapshot Refresh

13. Question on read only snapshot