Importing Access 97 memo fields into Oracle 8 [HELP]

Importing Access 97 memo fields into Oracle 8 [HELP]

Post by Scott Cherkofs » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone else had problems exporting Access 97 tables with memo fields that are longer then 255
characters?

We are using Oracle 8.04 and the Oracle ODBC driver ver 8.0.4.4.0. When we try to export a table with
memo fields > 255 Access 97 locks up and we have to kill the process. If we delete all records with
memo fields > 255 then the export works fine.

The ODBC driver creates the Oracle table with a LONG as the memo field.

We've tried using the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle but it hoses field type by converting
autonumber fields to VarChar2 fields.  That's almost as bad as the crashing using the Oracle ODBC
driver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Cherkofsky
  Scott   |   scottc1033 aol com  | Need Interenet access in *ia?

'Crusader'|HomePage:    http://www.veryComputer.com/~crusader/html/Home.html

1. Access 97, Delphi 3.02 and the Memo field ...

I got some trouble to put value into a memo field in Access.

My first try was :

MyQuery.ParamByName ('Field').AsMemo := sValue ;

And it works fine on MS SQL Server 7.0 & 6.5
Of course on Access I got an External exception EEFACE and my program hangs.

So, like help says I've tried :

MyQuery.ParamByName ('Field').AsString := sValue ;

The field content looks like garbage ...

Any clue ?

Thanks

2. ESQL for COBOL with Informix SE 4.0?

3. ADO Update (using VB) of Memo fields in Access 97 DB

4. VB4: Paths to Data

5. Displaying Memo Fields From Access 97 on VB Forms

6. Internet Client license

7. JDBC Inserts into Access 97 Memo Field

8. Turn off Primary Key

9. Help importing a memo field into Access

10. bulk data import from Oracle into Access 97

11. Problem importing Access memo fields

12. Importing Memo Fields from Access to SQL 7.0