8.1.5, 8.0.4 and OAS 4.0.7 coexistence on NT??

8.1.5, 8.0.4 and OAS 4.0.7 coexistence on NT??

Post by Eivind Hodnelan » Fri, 07 May 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition on a Windows NT
4.0 Server.

Oracle 8.0.4 Enterprise Edition has already been installed on the
server, and there is a database on the server utilizing that version.
In addition  on the same server Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 and
Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0 are installed.

When I try to install 8.1.5, I get through some screens, but after the
screen "Installing Legato Storage Manager", a little counter appears
with  "Handling Net8 Client 8.1.5.0.0".
(translated from Norwegian).
This counter runs up to 91 %, then the installation collapses.
I get the following message:

jrew.exe - Application error

The instruction at "0x6ee37f3a" referenced memory at "0x0000003c".  The
memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the application
Click on CANCEL to debug the application

I have tried both to shut down the 8.0.4 database, services and listener
and leaving them all running before the installation, but I get the
error same message either way.

Anyone having any experience with the co-existence of these products on
the same NT server or any other hints to help me?

Kind regards,
Eivind Hodneland
Statoil IT
Oslo
Norway

1. OAS 4.0.7 + NT Service Pack 4 / OAS refuses to start

Hi there!

I am installing OAS 4.0.7 on an NT SP4 machine. Here is the problem:

        OAS refuses to start due to service pack incompatibility

Here the solution:

        till SP3, OAS start normally. With SP4, MS changes all the IP stacks
structure meaning that OAS can't start anymore. I know it exists a patch
(~150 Ko .dll file). So my question is:

        Does anyone know about this patch, where to download, etc...

Thanks for your help,

Jari

--
                ------------------------------
Jari-Pascal Curty,

Electrical Engineering Division

URL   : http://www.stud.ee.ethz.ch/~jcurty/
                -------------------------------

2. error 3313

3. Oracle7 & Oracle8 coexistence on Windows NT

4. newbie proc question

5. %ORACLE_HOME%: OAS 4.0 vs Oracle 7.3 on Win NT

6. Advantages of db/ctlib over esql?

7. OAS on NT : ORD problem

8. Programming the Serial Port in D5

9. Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

10. OAS fails to start with NT error 2186

11. OAS install on NT

12. SNMP Agent for OAS on NT