ora 01115 error

Post by slan.. » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:51:10

I have a table that has 1.7 million rows in and am trying to add a not
null column. It runs for about half an hour and I get an error: ora
0115 IO error reading block from file (block # ). It does not display
any block number or file number. Everything is online and all the data
files are under 2G. any ideas on why I am getting this or how to
resolve this? Oracle 8.0.5 AIX version 4.33.

Thanks,

Sanjana

ora 01115 error

Post by Billy Verreynn » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:15:07

Quote:> 0115 IO error reading block from file (block # ). It does not display
> any block number or file number. Everything is online and all the data
> files are under 2G.

The couple of times I've run into this error on HP-UX were all due to dinkum
disk problems. The disk does not need to be offline (umount'ed). It could be
that the disk itself is failing... in which case it makes sense to save whatever
data you can from the tablespaces on that disk before it goes completely broke.

--
Billy

ora 01115 error

Post by Pete Finniga » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:59:38

Hi

I have seen similar on solaris, sun kit about one year ago, no
explanation to the error and the disk went awol two days later

cheers

Pete Finnigan
www.pentest-limited.com

--
Pete Finnigan

1. ORA-01115,ORA-01110,ORA-27070,OSD-04006,O/S-Error OS 38

Hi all,

we get the error sequence given in the subject on
an brand new INTEL based server: 2 CPU, RAID 5,
512 MB during the import of an dump. After
recovering the database via ARCHIVE LOG, we get
the same error by recreating a index on a table.
Values:
DB_BLOCK_SIZE = 8192 Bytes
RAID Container = 99 GB free
May there is an hardware problem ? We run all
available tests on the system **WITHOUT** any
error, only the database destroys their own
tablespaces during the reload.

Where is the problem ?

Regards from Hamburg, Germany !

Peter Wiedekamm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How can I contact DB Benchmark Software Company?

3. Export fails with ORA-01115 and ORA-27072 Errors

4. executing a stored procedure "out of context"?

5. ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 3

6. datasource problems

7. ORA-01115 on Oracle 8.1.7 on Win2K

8. Printing Landscape

9. Urgent: ORA-01115 in alert.log

10. Create new DB errors (ORA-01610, ORA-01194, ORA-01110)

11. Error: ORA-01034, ORA-09243, ORA-02042

12. ORA-600, ORA-8177, ORA-6512 Errors via ODBC

13. ORA-12154: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154