O7 to O8 Partitioned Views to Partitioned Tables

O7 to O8 Partitioned Views to Partitioned Tables

Post by Marc Ev » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for anyone who has upgraded a database from O7 to O8 where
they also had a partitioned view paradigm under O7 and then
transferred this to partitioned tables under O8.

Any good advice, nuiances, horror stories?

Thank you,

Marc

O7 to O8 Partitioned Views to Partitioned Tables

Post by Jonathan Lewi » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

The main problem is that Oracle 7 is based on
discrete partitioning and can be multi-dimensional.

Oracle 8 is based on continuous partition along a
single dimension.

I have one client who cannot move to Oracle 8
because the application relies on four-dimensional
discrete partitioning for optimum performance.

Jonathan Lewis

Quote:> I'm looking for anyone who has upgraded a database from O7 to O8