JDBC Connection error...

Post by justvr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi:
  I am new to java and JDBC. I am facing a strange problem. In our test
env. we have two Oracle databases 1. Oracle 805 and the Other Oracle
815. I am working with jdk1.3. I can connect to the 805 database using
Oracle thin driver, but the connection fails to the Oracle 815 database
with the following error:

Exception raised in DBSession : No more data to read from socket
java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:411)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTCInBuffer.getByte(TTCInBuffer.java:94)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIMsg.unmarshalSB1(TTIMsg.java:1076)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.receive2nd(O3log.java:603)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:168)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>
(OracleConnection.java:93)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect
(OracleDriver.java:147)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
        at DBSession.<init>(DBSession.java:31)
        at myTest.main(myTest.java:8)

I have installed Oracle 8i ( 815) on my NT Box, with Oracle JDBC Driver
8.1.5.0.0 ( According to the OUI ).

Some can figure out where the problem is ?
Thanks and Regards,
justvrk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. JDBC Connection error within an applet !

Hello!
I have used the following code to establish a JDBC connection to
an INTERBASE database from an applet.
the driver used is a forth type one wich is Interclient (the duo
interclient/interserver for the dbms INTERBASE)
//******************
private Connection c ;
String
databaseURL= "jdbc:interbase://localhost/C:/JBuilder2/samples/bor
land/reference/cliffhanger/data/Cliffhanger.gdb";
String user = "SYSDBA";
String password = "masterkey";
String driverName= "interbase.interclient.Driver";
Class.forName (drivername);
c = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection (databaseURL, user,
password);
//*****************
The latest statement caused the following error:
//*
(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.sun.io )
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Compiled
Code)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Compiled Code)
//*

Where is the problem please?
if the solution is to sign the applet, show me please how can'I
do that ?.

2. Replicate to Oracle?

3. Urgent! DB2 jdbc connection error

4. Lock timeouts

5. Mysql-JDBC connection Error

6. Database Links and OS Authentication

7. jdbc connection error to oracle 8i

8. Help determining an end date

9. JDBC connection error

10. jdbc connection error

11. jdbc connection error with DB2 8.1 64-bit client

12. Error accessing a JDBC Connection Object over a RMI Connection

13. Please help: Oracle 7.1 JDBC connections : portmaper error/general connectivity errors