Oracle Web Listener 1.01 sporadic errors

Oracle Web Listener 1.01 sporadic errors

Post by Steven J. Carro » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

We've been getting an intermittent error using the Oracle Web Listener
1.01 with Oracle 7.3.2 for AIX.

In the web agent error log, we sometimes see errors like:

OWS-05101: Agent : execution failed due to Oracle error 6550
ORA-06550: line 1, column 77:
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'ADDLINFOMULT'
ORA-06550: line 1, column 77:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

and then just a few minutes later, the exact same stored procedure will
execute without producing any errors at all.  This happens on the order
of maybe six times a day, when we experience about 80 different users
with a total of from 400 to 900 page accesses per day.  This error
occurs with most of our web-enabled stored procedures.  I know that at
least one of these errors occurred while the database (OLAP) was
extremely busy, but I can't confirm that all of the errors happened
during a busy time.

Does anyone know if this is this a known bug, and if so if it is fixed
in the current release of the Oracle Web Server?

Thanks.

Steven J. Carrola
Business Services
University of Wisconsin - Madison
750 Univeristy Ave. Room 407
Madison, WI 53706-1411

Post by Fred Hirschfel » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> We've been getting an intermittent error using the Oracle Web
> Listener
> 1.01 with Oracle 7.3.2 for AIX.

> In the web agent error log, we sometimes see errors like:

> OWS-05101: Agent : execution failed due to Oracle error 6550
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 77:
> PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to
> 'ADDLINFOMULT'
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 77:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored

I get the same error frequently in OWS2.0 for NT.  Some causes of this
are when people submit a page before it has finished loading, using
Microsoft IE and pressing the ENTER button on the keyboard to submit the
page instead of the submit button.

I think that there is also an internal problem, but I can't find any
information on it.

   Fred

1. FNKSHN 1.01 AT MY WEB PAGE

learn about FNKSHN at my web page.

http://www.callnet.com/~perfecto/fnkshn.html

--
 d88b  d88b  8888b  88888 ,88. | fu* CENSORED *xon    | fuc* CENSORED *ick

88    88  88 8888P  88""   ""  | CORE! MCMXCVI        | cun* CENSORED *ucker
 Y88Y  Y88Y  88  88 88888  MM  | e* CENSORED *ch      | coc* CENSORED *icth

2. Access DB2 on OS/400 V3R7 from appl on V4R4

3. Errors: NewEra 1.01 for Motif

4. Client setup

5. Help: Oracle Web listener/Solaris error

6. How to migrate repository back to Access ?

7. Sporadic Listener Behavior

8. restore?

9. Oracle web listener has internal error after

10. ANN: AdeptSQL Workshop 1.01

11. Livewire 1.01 and Informix on AIX 4.2

12. Analyst 1.01 Beta - Freeware

13. FNKSHN 1.01 (0/1) IS A FREE LIBRARY!