CPU usage in Oracle 7.3.3

Post by promaste.. » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 19:49:00

Hi

We upgraded our server from P200pro to Dual Xeon 700, but
we dont see any more preformance when running big SQL query.
And i only see load om one processor.

Why ?

/Mattias

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

CPU usage in Oracle 7.3.3

Post by sybra.. » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 21:15:28

> Hi

> We upgraded our server from P200pro to Dual Xeon 700, but
> we dont see any more preformance when running big SQL query.
> And i only see load om one processor.

> Why ?

> /Mattias

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Are you running Oracle Workgroup? If so, that version doesn't come with
Parallel Query, and any scheduling with respect to processors is done
by the O/S.
Also, in any config disk is most likely the slowest factor. If you
didn't address disk I/O, your speed improvement will likely be limited.
Finally: 7.3.3 has been desupported several years ago, you really
should upgrade to 8i.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. CPU usage of Oracle Webserver - unlimited?

I am attempting to limit the CPU usage of Oracle webserver
based queries.

Setting resource_limit to true, I implemented a profile which
limited CPU. I noticed the following behaviour:
when logging in to the database via sql*plus and performing a
CPU-intensive query, the session terminates with
  ORA-02393: exceeded call limit on CPU usage
as I would expect. However when a CPU-intensive query is launched
via Oracle webserver the CPU usage (as reported by v$sesstat)
is extremely low and the query does not terminate. At the same
time the CPU of the machine is getting hammered, as can be seen
at the unix command line level from a ps listing. So it seems as
if the web request broker is able to bypass the CPU limit set in
the profile and take what it likes behind the scenes.

Does anybody how to limit it some other way?

Thanks,
 James
--

2. Crystal Report

3. Unexpected Hi-Lo CPU Usage After Upgrade From Single To Dual CPU

4. hello

5. How to restrict Oracle session using too many CPU usage

6. Red Hat to support PostgreSQL

7. Charging for cpu usage (Oracle 8 on SGI)

8. MSSQL7 and Delphi 4.0

9. Oracle on NT : limiting the cpu usage

10. oracle cpu usage

11. SQL Profiler + CPU Usage

12. Low CPU usage and Slow Response time

13. SQL Server hogging up CPU usage / memory leaks