Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP2

Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP2

Post by Tim Andre » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:16:28

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP 2 professional.
 The CD autoruns perfectly and when you click on the install/deinstall
products button the screen disappears and then nothing else happens!

Is anyone else having problems with this?  And if so how can i get
Oracle Installed?

Many thanks

Tim

Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP2

Post by Josh Gree » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 02:02:51

I am having the same problem and have not been able to resolve the
problem. We did think that it had to do with the video card, but that
didn't work. We tried that because Oracle needs to launch Java first.
But like I said it didn't work
If anyone has any luck please let me know.

thanks,
josh

Quote:> I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP 2 professional.
>  The CD autoruns perfectly and when you click on the install/deinstall
> products button the screen disappears and then nothing else happens!

> Is anyone else having problems with this?  And if so how can i get
> Oracle Installed?

> Many thanks

> Tim

Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP2

Post by Al Sto » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:35:39

I have had the same problem installing Oracle 8.1.7 and Oracle
Warehouse Builder 3i on Windows 2000 Server with service pack 2.  I
downloaded the install files from the Net.  When I clicked on
setup.exe, I got an hour glass for about two seconds, then nothing.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

Al

> I am having the same problem and have not been able to resolve the
> problem. We did think that it had to do with the video card, but that
> didn't work. We tried that because Oracle needs to launch Java first.
> But like I said it didn't work
> If anyone has any luck please let me know.

> thanks,
> josh

> > I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP 2 professional.
> >  The CD autoruns perfectly and when you click on the install/deinstall
> > products button the screen disappears and then nothing else happens!

> > Is anyone else having problems with this?  And if so how can i get
> > Oracle Installed?

> > Many thanks

> > Tim

Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SP2

Post by Luis Morales Boisse » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:39:48

Hello,

Not sure if it could help (I have the same problem but haven't time to test
the workarrown) search for the "Note 131299.1" in oracle support. It seems
to be a problem with Pentium 4 processor and Oracle universal installer but
looks like yours. Is it your case?

Luis

--
---------------------------------------
Luis Morales Boisset
email: lboisset at arrakis.es
http://www.arrakis.es/~lboisset

1. Install Oracle 8i Personald Edition on Windows 2000 Server D SP2

      Hi
      I have problem to install the Oracle 8i Personal Edition on
      Windows 2000 Server SP2 (German). I have Docnload the 8i from Oracle.

      I run the Setup.exe, I become the message (not exactly) "JRE
      (Java Runtime Environment) was not found in the Folder .. please visit
      www.javasoft.com... and install JRE version 1.1.7 or higher."

      Now, I have download and install this JRE (JavaTM 2 Runtime
      Environment v 1.2.2_008 / Internationalized version of Java 2
      Runtime Environment).

      The error-messages comes again.

      Have everyone a idea?
      Thanks.

2. Form scoping problem

3. MSDE 2000 installation on Windows 2000 SP2 Professional using Windows Installer Merge Modules from SP1

4. Linux

5. SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro

6. Wrong query in Joe Celko's "SQL for smarties"

7. 8.1.7 Install Hang Windows 2000 SP2

8. Can I install Oracle WebDb 2.0 ( for Windows NT) on Windows 2000 Professional

9. Oracle 9i installation error with Windows 2000 SP2

10. Access Violation when install SQL 2000 with Windows 2000 And Oracle 8.1.6

11. SQL 2000 SP2 with Windows 2000 SP3

12. SQL 2000 and Windows 2000 SP2