Getting Index Expression

Post by DelphiDe » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Is there a way to retrieve the fields used in an index?  I would think
that this would be a field in the user_indexes table; it lists out the
table that it is associated with (table_name), and a lot of other
information.

For instance:
CREATE INDEX LNAME ON PERSONEL(LNAME,FNAME);

I want to be able to retrieve the "LNAME,FNAME" expression down the
road.

Thanks.

Getting Index Expression

Post by Ms. D.H. Harv » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

: Is there a way to retrieve the fields used in an index?  I would think
: that this would be a field in the user_indexes table; it lists out the
: table that it is associated with (table_name), and a lot of other
: information.

: For instance:
: CREATE INDEX LNAME ON PERSONEL(LNAME,FNAME);

: I want to be able to retrieve the "LNAME,FNAME" expression down the
: road.

: Thanks.

user_ind_columns

Getting Index Expression

Post by DelphiDe » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Ms. Harvey, thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for.

> : Is there a way to retrieve the fields used in an index?  I would think
> : that this would be a field in the user_indexes table; it lists out the
> : table that it is associated with (table_name), and a lot of other
> : information.

> : For instance:
> : CREATE INDEX LNAME ON PERSONEL(LNAME,FNAME);

> : I want to be able to retrieve the "LNAME,FNAME" expression down the
> : road.

> : Thanks.

> user_ind_columns

1. ODBC 3.0 - Error getting expression service

Hi,

We have recently installed the MS ODBC 3.0 drivers on a PC at work using
the OSR2 version of Win95 and keep getting an ODBC error message reporting
problems with getting/loading the expression service.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so could you be so kind as to let me
know how you solved the problem.

Many thanks.

John Strong

2. Order of Execution

3. FPM 2.6 SHOW GETS Not a Numeric Expression

4. dbi.operation-error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt in EXEC

5. error..not a numeric expression..at show gets

6. DLLs and CAOpenROAD v3.5/02

7. Getting the Index names and indexed columns for a schema

8. using localhost in tnsnames and listner

9. Indexes With Expressions / Functions??

10. Using Regular Expressions in Index Server Queries...

11. Index expressions: how to recreate

12. regular expression and index on 7.2